Home
« Home | Next: Hmmmmmm....... »
| Next: Just so You'll Know »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, April 04, 2005

Applied Theology


When I filled out my profile here I was stumped at the "interest" category. I wanted to be certain to link to items I would surely be interested in but am I really up for a rational discourse on God, "Theology"? Nah. I want to talk about "applied theology", applying "logoi tou theou", or simply put, "living the word". I've read several entries from bloggers here that both inspired and condemned me. Tell me about your faith and how you put it into practice. I'll offer what little I have to share but please always count on my encouragement and appreciation for your efforts.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Hugo said...

KC:

Thanks for dropping by - let me be the first to leave a comment! :-)

Over this past summer I read the fiction trilogy His Dark Materials. In the alternate world the story is set in, there are "Experimental Theologians." I liked that title when I read it - feel free to use as needed! :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

4/05/2005 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Hugo :-)
Experimental.....I think if I were a theologian I would be (borrowing from today's slang usage of the term) a "mental" one.
I really enjoy your Blog and those who comment on it. I am honored to have your comments here regardless of your status, be it "token" or "dyed in the wool"! '-)

4/05/2005 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Yo bro!
Yep. This is my first and only blog but I've got other junk spread out all over this place.
As for the pic...I think it's my best side.
Thanks for stopping by :-)

4/05/2005 05:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you have your website up. It looks good and I know you will be an encouragement and help to all. I hope you will get lots of discussion-food.

As a raised Catholic and recently converted to Baptist, I too took the tests. The results were boggling, or shall I say "bloggling" in this case:-)I had hoped to come out better than this! But...part of life is learning, isn't it? Although I don't think I should place much value on these test results! Oh well...at least we got a good laugh out of it.

And here are the results on test nr 1:

1. Orthodox Quaker (99%)
2. Islam (92%)
3. Orthodox Judaism (92%)
4. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (89%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (83%)
6. Eastern Orthodox (79%)
7. Roman Catholic (79%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (76%)
9. Jainism (72%)
10. Sikhism (71%)

test 2

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (91%)
3. Islam (83%)
4. Orthodox Judaism (83%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (79%)
6. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (75%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (74%)
8. Eastern Orthodox (73%)
9. Jehovah's Witness (73%)
10. Roman Catholic (73%)

At least test nr 3 came closer, but still not close enough!

1: Liberal Quakerism
2: Orthodox Quakerism
3: Mennonite Brethren
4: Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church
5: Reformed Churches
6: Southern Baptist
7: Free Will Baptist
8: Jehovah's Witness
9: Presbyterian Church USA
10: Reformed Baptist

4/06/2005 07:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Ik hou van jou ontzettend veel mijn meest perfecte schat

4/06/2005 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger Hugo said...

KC: Thanks for the kind words - I'm liking what I read on yours, also. Glad to see you've finally foujnd your calling, too (mental theologian), though I wouldn't be putting that on any resumes just yet :-)

Corry: You and Matt should oopen your own quasi-Quaker church :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

4/10/2005 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Humility (one of my better qualities) and honesty (ok one out of two ain't bad) prevent me from accepting any title with theologian. I'm afraid I'm left with only mental.
As for Corry......She's either perfect for me (opposites attract) or we're in real trouble. I'm not sure how well I will fit in to the quasi-Quaker church but then fitting in is not really a specialty of mine :-)

4/10/2005 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugo:

Thanks, That is a good suggestion, definitely food for consideration. As soon as I can keep up with my faith as it is, I will quasi-ponder on it :-)

Kc:

I guess that's why we are in real trouble than huh??? :-)

4/10/2005 03:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment