Home
« Home | Next: Get Service »
| Next: What are your credentials? »
| Next: Pride and Passion »
| Next: False Believers »
| Next: An Excellent Question »
| Next: Be ye therefore perfect… »
| Next: Doctrinal Purity and Fellowship »
| Next: He Could Have Called Ten Thousand Angels »
| Next: Relationships »
| Next: Substitutes for the Spirit »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Praise God!

I have mentioned before how it is that I hate that I love theology so much. Please understand that I do think theology is an important part of our life as a believer. It is absolutely necessary to accomplish the love for God we should have in our mind but I am persuaded that it is our love, not our understanding, that is the single most important aspect of our relationship with God and with others.

Still I admit that I wish I knew it all and that my knowledge of God was complete. I wish I could answer every question and especially those pertaining to faith in Christ. I wish I could explain to every individual I meet exactly why he or she has not believed in Jesus and provide him or her the specific means necessary to overcome their doubt. Sadly I cannot but praise God I’m only required to give what I can, the reason for the hope within me.

My hope and my faith is only and completely in the love of God that was made known to me in Jesus Christ. He is my friend, my brother, my Lord and my savior. He is the Truth, the Way and the Life. He is my all in all. I am persuaded He can be yours as well if only you will believe in Him. I have very strong suspicions but honestly I cannot tell you specifically why one individual believes in Him and one does not. I can only tell you I know in my heart that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that my relationship with God began with this knowledge and it continues in Christ.

If you have never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ then please let me know or at the very least read the book of John in the Bible. If you have heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ and believe in Him then we can praise God together for His great love and be thankful that we need no further understanding to secure the many blessings of God that are found only in Jesus Christ.

18 Comments:

Blogger Bill Heroman said...

I know how you feel, KC. Have you read C.S. Lewis' book, The Great Divorce? Sometimes words help and sometimes they don't. Keep at it, though. And get that book if you haven't read it, cause you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for displaying your heart here, brother. And thanks for proclaiming Jesus Christ!

7/13/2008 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Good to see you back!

7/13/2008 04:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Bill thanks so much for the kindness and encouragement. I haven’t read The Great Divorce but I think I should. Many other wise brethren have recommended it as well. ;-)

Pastor thanks for the return welcome! I may be slower posting these days but I still enjoy reading all your articles and especially the ones about Andrew! ;-)

7/13/2008 05:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC, God has been slowly but surely bringing me to the same conclusion concerning love. There was a time when I thought I had many answers but it was mostly for questions that no one was asking.

I appreciate your heart for God and people. It's great to see a new post from you.

7/13/2008 07:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi KC.,

You said it well and thanks for your genuine heartfelt thoughts. May God continue communicating with you through His word !
Enjoyed the visit Friday evening.

Blessings.
grandpa.

7/13/2008 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger Paul G said...

Good testimony Kc.
Especially I love when you said; 'Jesus Christ he is my friend, my brother, my Lord and savior. He is the Truth, the Way and the Life. He is my all in all.'

Well said Kc. keep on proclaiming it!

Paul,

7/14/2008 05:41:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

KC,
What a great post! I appreciate your heart so much. God bless you.

7/14/2008 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

hey KC,

this is an AWESomes post,
and wish I could pput in to words
like you!

I would love to know all there is to know about God, it would be a mind blowing trip!

thanks

7/14/2008 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger bluejazzy said...

K.C.,
Good post. I would sure be interested in your suspicions that you mentioned here:

I have very strong suspicions but honestly I cannot tell you specifically why one individual believes in Him and one does not.

Wayne aka jazzycat

7/15/2008 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Preacher, it seems more and more to me that every problem of theology is solved somehow by the love of God in Christ. ;-)

Bro. Ron thanks so much for the blessing and the wonderful fellowship. I really appreciate the pictures of you and Princess!

Paul, welcome and thanks so much for the encouragement. I hope we can always be a blessing to you here!

Rose thanks so much dear sister.

Janice it was such a blessing to read your thoughts. I would so much love to be able to “see” the things that you do. Your pictures and interpretations really are worth a thousand words!

Bro. Wayne, thanks so much. I’ll try to put together an article soon giving my reflection on some of the scriptural examples of those who refused to believe.

7/16/2008 03:48:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Great post on the simplicity of salvation

7/16/2008 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks my brother. That's very affirming to me.

I really miss you guys.

7/17/2008 05:03:00 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Great post, KC. As you know, I am also torn by a desire for understanding that can seem both wise and foolish at the same time. One thing I know is that love always builds faith while my ideas of understanding can often create doubt. Lots of love to you and Sis Corry!

Missy

7/17/2008 05:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Missy, that's a brilliant observation. Thanks always for your thoughts and kindness and especially for your comments to Cole. Our love goes out to you as well dear sister. ;-)

7/17/2008 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

You have said it all so well!!!
Susan

7/20/2008 04:17:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dear Ms. Susan thanks so much. ;-)

7/22/2008 03:03:00 AM  
Blogger David Wyatt said...

My heart is simply soaring & singing for the first time in awhile, bro. KC! You & Missy especially have been used by our magnificent Savior to bless my hungry heart! Thank you & God Bless you richly brother.

9/05/2009 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Bro, David I'm so very thankful you were blessed in reading here. That is such great encouragement to me!

Missy is one of the really wonderful sisters in the Church. ;-)

9/06/2009 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment