Home
« Home | Next: Apology »
| Next: Be not weary... »
| Next: Choose Life »
| Next: Power, Authority and Control »
| Next: In reply…Reformed or Roman? »
| Next: Time out... »
| Next: Discipleship »
| Next: Where are they now? »
| Next: It's a Girl !!! »
| Next: Missing in Action »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, June 02, 2006

Catching up!


It’s really great to get back to bloggerville. I’ve missed reading everyone so much! All is well, we've just been very busy.

I don’t often write about my job or my life here. I am blessed with a wonderful job that allows me to do most of my work from my home office. Beginning last week I had to help our firm gear up for some new contracts and that kept me away and quite busy through this week. In addition to work, Corry and I had scheduled to replace our great room floor over the three-day weekend and that was a “can to can’t” job each day. Yesterday evening I finally made the transition to the hall that signaled the end of our flooring work for a while.

We’ve also been pretty busy socially and we would both appreciate your prayers for those we’ve been blessed to talk with.

We’re pretty well exhausted now but equally anxious to get caught up here. We’ve really missed you all so much and we’ve been so thankful for the Email and kind words. I’m really sorry if anyone was alarmed but I’m so moved by the care and concern many of you have shown. I suppose I should have expected it from such wonderful people. Thank you all so much! We’ll be visiting soon. ;-)

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Oh great I was not concerned. Now I feel bad. Hmm I could bake you both something if that would help but I don't think it will mail well.

:)

God loves you, I try

6/02/2006 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dear sweet Mrs. Zeke you've got your hands full as it is but who knows, maybe one day? If you and Zeke ever make it down south we'll do the baking. ;-)

6/02/2006 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Glad you're back!! Bet you're happy to be done with the floor. Now it's time to relax for a while. =)

6/02/2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Very happy Kristi! You won't even recognize the place. So when is your next visit anyway? I hope you try to make us a stop-over on your way back and forth. ;-)

6/02/2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I have missed you.

6/02/2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I have missed you too. What type of floor did you put down? We are, of course, still working on the bathroom that we started almost a month ago.

6/02/2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

i have missed you heaps KC. So glad you're back :D

6/02/2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dee it's actually vinyl tile (and peel and stick at that!) but it's exactly what we needed. I wouldn't recommend anyone use this flooring unless you do it yourself and plan to be meticulous! Our great room is joined to our dinning area by a large opening and it was formerly carpeted. We wanted to use the same floor to allow the dinning area to borrow on the size of the great room and since the kitchen and the dinning area are connected we decided to try the same tile in the great room. It was very inexpensive so we knew if we didn’t like it there would be no great loss but it works perfectly! The tiles are an imitation parkay but if laid properly look great. If laid poorly they look bad just as any other peel and stick vinyl floor. The parkay turned out looking better against the wood paneling in the great room than they do in the dinning area and kitchen. Corry or I will post a picture soon. When we need to replace it we’ll probably use a parkay laminate.

I know you’re probably quite anxious to see your own new flooring installed. I’ll be happy for you when you can finally get settled in. BTW I’ve got my tree picture picked out but it’s on my notebook and I’ll copy it the next time I crank it up. ;-)

Matthew I missed you too and already I’ve enjoyed catching up at your site but you have so much to offer that it will take me a while to digest all. ;-)

Thanks sis and Rose I know the feeling. Corry and I have been trying to get to this floor done for a year or more. BTW that was a beautiful tribute that Mark offered and I’m inspired to do likewise very soon. ;-)

Kitty you’ve got my head spinning from all the thought provoking material at your place and soon I’ll be circling like a buzzard around your post (hehe).

I love you guys. ;-)

6/02/2006 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

I'm so sorry that I was absent from "bloggerville" too long to have seen this before you wrote again. And I hope to God you are feeling/doing better from whatever was wrong! I was having some very difficult times which are now starting to taper off and I stayed away. I'm sorry I did. Even though I didnt know you were away, you were missed. :)

God's Grace

6/03/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just so glad you're back. =)

6/04/2006 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Nan all is well here and I'm thankful things are better for you too.

Thank you dear Pia. I've missed you but you're never far from my prayers and thoughts.

6/05/2006 05:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment