Home
« Home | Next: BBS (be back soon!) »
| Next: Let us never forget... »
| Next: An Important Distinction »
| Next: What do you believe? »
| Next: Only One »
| Next: Thoughts on personal election »
| Next: For a wonderful friend »
| Next: The Basics of Fellowship »
| Next: Tagged! »
| Next: One Side »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wonderful People

I would rather contend with you for days than find rest in the peace of the careless. You are always so stubborn and sometimes so rude and careless with your words that it almost hides the love we share but it makes no difference in my preference. I can’t help but find comfort in a love that won’t leave me ignorant.

You would never leave me without the truth as so many are pleased to do. You listen to me and then willingly sacrifice your own peace and comfort to fill my need and for that I am eternally grateful. Even when I reject and refuse your help you don’t neglect me. You pray for me.

You ask for us both patience and wisdom and seek for me an understanding that can only come from above. You ask these things and much more. You press for all my needs and ask His greatest blessings on me. You desire only the best for me, in spite of my ignorance. Your love inspires me to be more like Him.

You really are the most wonderful people on earth and I know you are my true brothers and sisters.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Rose~ said...

Is this another private letter/email that you sent to someone/some group of people?

9/14/2006 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

It's what I thought early this morning while reading Antonio, Brian and Matthew and I think it applies to a great many people I know. I feel sure it would apply to you too sis except that we NEVER SEEM TO DISAGREE! ;-)

9/14/2006 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely stated, Kc.

And though we (you and I) often disagree, I don't think it has ever gotten ugly. (unlike with those heathens; Antonio, Brian and Matthew!

Just kidding...

By the way. The men's retreat I was planning is over. The class I was preparing to teach was taught last night. And I am pretty much caught up with life. If you want to continue the discussion from the "Thoughts on personal election" thread, this would be an ok time for me to dig into the scriptures about it. You?

9/14/2006 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Gordon said...

These are nice thoughts, KC. It is good to be able to approach theological discussion with this kind of humility.

9/14/2006 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The wonderful Christian band has a line that goes, true friends they stab you in the face!

...Not so far from the truth!

9/15/2006 12:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAUTION: USELESS COMMENT COMING...

Kc, the above comment should have referred to the "Only One" thread, not the "Thoughts on personal election" thread. Sorry for the confusion, if any.

...END USELESS COMMENT

9/15/2006 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jeff, I know what you mean about those wonderful “heathens” (grin).

I’ve been keeping up with you and I was thankful to read of how much you were blessed at the retreat. It is good to have you back and I would love to pick up the discussion concerning eternal life. I’ll try to offer something before the end of next week and I really appreciate the dialog and even the useless comments! ;-)

Preacher, I hadn’t considered humility but I can certainly see how pride could rob me of this great blessing. I really am grateful for these, like you, who are so passionate for Christ and those who belong to Him. One of my dearest friends, who died suddenly, was also my pastor at one time. He never failed to confront me with the truth about myself. If ever he started a sentence with, “Now Casey,” I knew I was going to have to look in the ugly mirror. He was the kindest person I ever knew and I know how difficult it was for him to fight for me. I pray that, like him, I might never spare myself from discomfort at the expense of the welfare of others.

Welcome back Jodie! It is so good to read your wisdom again! Your current article evaluating Affective Theology is great as well as the post on the UOG site. You have been blessed with the special ability to make a stab in the face feel very refreshing. ;-)
Please keep up the great work!

9/15/2006 07:20:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Casey,

I don't understand what you are saying.

From whose point of view is this written?

Is it sarcasm?

These posts of yours sometimes are a bit "enigmatic" as Matthew has said..

Antonio

9/15/2006 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Antonio,

No sarcasm here dear brother. This is pure gratitude and I really do take comfort in the fact that God has blessed me with so many brethren, like you, that will confront me if they believe I’m in error. I don’t want to abuse that by being careless with my words but it really is assuring to know that there are those of you willing to wrestle with me to keep me from straying from the truth or to enlighten me when I’m in the dark. This stands in contrast to those who would rather destroy me behind my back than put forth the effort necessary to contend for the truth.

This is not to say I expect you to be accountable for what I believe, to the contrary, I expect you will hold me accountable for what I say is true and you know I would do likewise.

Now as for being enigmatic I plead guilty. At times it is with intent in order to provoke consideration but at other times, such as this, it is simply my inability to clearly relate my own perception.

9/16/2006 04:52:00 AM  
Blogger Bhedr said...

Hey thanks for recognizing some tension as well as lovingly admonishing me to take better care along with an unconditional pat on the back that lets me know you are genuine and a friend regardless if we dis agree on all points. The Lord has given you a maturity that resonates his image.

Not there yet but seeking to know Him more.

9/17/2006 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I meant to say that line is from a Superchick song...

9/18/2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Brian, you're an inspiration to me and to others here I'm sure. I always count on your critique and I trust you. You're a great brother. ;-)

9/19/2006 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

awwwww. sniff sniff

9/19/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kristi, are those real tears? ;-)

9/20/2006 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment