Home
« Home | Next: One Side »
| Next: God is Love »
| Next: An Event of Epic Proportions! »
| Next: Faith and Understanding »
| Next: The war »
| Next: More tension »
| Next: God did not determine sin »
| Next: Don't blame me! »
| Next: Eternal Life »
| Next: Unity in Christ »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, August 07, 2006

Tagged!

My dear sister, Rose "tagged" me.

1. One book that changed your life: I can only echo Rose's response here.
The Bible(I know - that is "the" answer, but I cannot attribute "life-changing" to any other book. None of them have done anything of the sort.)

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" several times as a boy.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Refer to Number 1. ;-)

4. One book that made you laugh: Refer to Number 2 (hehe)

5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]: "The Grapes of Wrath"

6. One book that you wish had been written: was written. Again refer to Number 1!

7. One book that you wish had never been written: This one causes me all kinds of internal turmoil. As much as I hate this I'll have to pass on this one for now. :-(

8. One book you’re currently reading: Yep, you guessed it! See Number 1 again! ;-)

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: This tag is just too easy. Back to Number 1!

10. Now tag five people: Pastor Timothy, Nellie Bellie, Rev JP, Gordon and last but by no means least, Danny Kaye (Jeff).

For more information on my poor response here see this article.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Here is another question, Kc:

One book that helped you to understand the Bible better?

8/07/2006 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matthew to be honest my understanding of the scripture was primarily influenced by my teachers over the years. The book I think has made the most profound impact on me is "Foxe's Book of Martyrs".

8/07/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Hey, KC,
Thanks for doing that - but Bible Bible Bible?!
What do you think you are - a Christian or something?

;~)

I think you should've thought of something more creative for #6! hahaha

8/07/2006 08:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm game...give me a day or so, though.

8/07/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Sis you can't imagine how tempted I was! ;-)

8/07/2006 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Jeff. I'll be looking forward to it. ;-)

8/07/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...the book meme looked like more fun than what I was actually doing, so I did the book meme first.

Thanks for thinking of me!

8/07/2006 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Jeff. Good job. ;-)

8/07/2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Kc is the church you attend happened to go by the name '---Bible Church'?

8/07/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matthew, It is an independant Baptist church.

8/07/2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I like #1, too!

8/08/2006 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

KC,
I've posted my responses over at my place...
Blessings

BTW, this was my first tag! Yea!

8/08/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

BTW, have you ever read Calvin's Institutes... just out of curiosity, or do you despise them simply because you have heard things about them?

I beg anyone to find anything wrong with much of what he has written, except his rants against the RCC, which I believe are justified, but not abundantly necessary? Also, his section on prayer has to be one the best treatments on prayer I have ever read. His writings really are pastoral in nature.

8/09/2006 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Joe, thanks. We have much in common. ;-)

Pastor I appreciate you participating (Baptist comment and all hehe)

That's a fair question and I will prepare an article to answer your questions concerning Calvin's works. (No ill will I promise. Only my observations and conclusions.)

8/11/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger JP said...

Referring to the question by Dyspraxic about the book that helped you understand the bible:

I would have to go with two:

Calvin's Institutes and the Westminster Confession of Faith.

3/06/2007 03:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment