Home
« Home | Next: Regeneration »
| Next: Elect in Christ »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Church Discipline »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Relieving some tension »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, March 09, 2007

DST and your PC

We interrupt our normal programming to bring you an important message.
(Okay, maybe it's not all that critical. Well, it may be depending on who you are and what you do. I suppose it affects all of us in some way. Hmmm... I suppose it is important after all! Well, maybe...) anyway;

With Daylight Savings Time (DST) coming three weeks early and lasting one week longer it will be necessary to upgrade your personal computer (PC) to accommodate the new time change calendar. Here are some helpful links for those with Windows operating systems.

The official Microsoft upgrade covers versions after 98.

For 98 go here.

You might want to look here for some unofficial help on all versions.

Please stay tuned to this broadcast station for updates and continuing silliness as needed.
We will resume normal programming after the time change.

This has been a PSA from the JSYK support team regarding DST and your PC. We're sorry but we have no information regarding your MAC and DST. That doesn't concern ME. (HE HE)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

::sigh::
I guess I'm destined to forever be the condescending jerk, but it's my duty to tell you that my Mac updated itself with the appropriate fixes a couple weeks ago, while I was asleep. But thanks for the heads-up, else I wouldn't have even thought about it. Nope. It would have just done its thing without my ever knowing it.

3/09/2007 07:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks KC for your concern but what happens if you don't update? Could you inform me cause I claim ignorance on computer knowledge? Ron.

3/09/2007 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Ron, if automatic updates are turned off on your PC or you have a version of Windows 98 or older and you don't upgrade then your PC clock won't adjust for DST automaticaly on the new date.

Dorse we'll talk about the jerk thing but how'd the 10 and 12 year old MAC's fair? (hehe Love ya brother!)

3/09/2007 10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Kc,
thanks KC, how's that grandbaby ?


Blessings

3/09/2007 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"...but how'd the 10 and 12 year old MAC's fair?"

I'm guessing still better than the 10 and 12 yr. old PC's. (hehe Love ya back!)

3/09/2007 06:13:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...and kudos to you for removing that infernal word verification. I took mine off months ago and haven't had to remove a single piece of spam (or maybe my Mac takes care of that too. LOL).

3/09/2007 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

Hey, that is important!!! Thanks, KC.

3/10/2007 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Too bad nothing can be done about the various alarm clocks in my house.

When did they decide to do this and mess everyone up?

Antonio

3/10/2007 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hey Janice! Thanks for stopping in! Praise God, he’s doing very well thank you. He’s been such a blessing. We get to see him almost daily but we try hard not to interfere as all in the new little family find their place. ;-)

Dorse I’m still using my old PC but I guess you had to upgrade yours to a more PC-like MAC, huh? ;-)

Thanks for the kudos. I’ve already had to spammers but the word verification got so awful I decided I would rather clean the spam than suffer the grief of WV.

Hello Sarah! I hope it helps. We’re so thankful for you and we’re praying for all!

Antonio, I read about the change but forgot just when it was passed. If not for tech journals I would have missed it though. I made the “mad march” first thing this morning. I corrected my watch first, murmuring the whole time! ;-)

Brother you’ve done some really impressive work of late and I’m really looking forward to more.

3/11/2007 06:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment