Home
« Home | Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Where am I headed with this? »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Almost Persuaded »
| Next: Godspeed Matthew! »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Coming to Terms »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: The Promise »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Relieving some tension

Two things I don’t find the scripture teaches are determinism and free will.

Two things I do find the scripture teaches are that God establishes our boundaries and that we must all give account for the things we do in this life.

Two things I don’t find the scripture teaches are that God grants salvation to those who earn it and that faith without works is pleasing to God.

Two things I do find the scripture teaches are that we are saved not of works, but by grace through faith and that “the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”

Two things I don’t find the scripture teaches are double predestination and universalism.

Two things I do find the scripture teaches are condemnation on those who believe not and eternal life for whosever does believe on Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Two things I do find in scripture: He who believes is not condemned and He who does not believe is condemned already.

Two things I do not find in scripture: God casting people into the lake of fire for their deeds and God not casting people into the lake of fire who's names are written in the book of life.

One thing I do find in scripture: Whoever's name is not found in the book of life being cast into the lake of fire.

Do you like a child receive the gift from the Person the scriptures point to or do you search the scriptures thinking that in them (the scriptures) you can find life?

Do you stumble blindy over the Rock by proclaiming a costly grace or do you freely drink from the Rock without cost? Don't keep paying the Creator back for this costly grace, woe to you if you ever get Him paid off.

Great post KC, I just wanted to add some observations.

1/24/2007 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

i love the post and kris' comment (typing with one hand - baby in the other arm - blogging addict)

1/24/2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Casey,

I find what you find, lol!

Antonio

1/24/2007 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Casey. I love the way you look at things.

1/24/2007 01:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that if you practice giving up a few selfish things and share more often that your day will go better. Blessings ! Ron.

1/24/2007 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

2 things I don't find in the Bible, chocolate ice cream and french vanilla

The rest is over my head so I agree with you KC or maybe Dorsey or maybe Zeke :)

Your loved

1/24/2007 08:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that Mama Zeke agrees with me, I'll state my position:

Kc, sounds like you read the same Bible as I do.

1/24/2007 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger jel said...

Hi KC!

have a Great day! :)

1/25/2007 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Brethren thank you all. What I hoped might be evident is that we often create our own tension when we, in an honest effort to know the truth, inadvertently make our own theological constructs out to be the scripture.

Kris it is so good to have your thoughts here again. I understand you must be happily busy with that sweet family so I’m really grateful you’re able to read and comment. May God richly bless you all!

Rose, likewise I know you’ve literally got your hands full! Bless you dear sister and your wonderful family too!

Antonio, excellent! But did you not find what I found not too? (hehe) I love you brother!

Preacher, I’m honored and please know my considerations evolved over the years under the teaching of some wonderful men like you. You and Ms Amy are the salt!

Ron, you and Brett are really blessing me these days! Brother I know you’re so right. If we take the focus off ourselves and place it on our Lord and those that are His we will feel our burdens ease almost immediately! How strange and wonderful is that?

Lady Zeke I guess some of His blessings aren’t spelled out, huh? ;-) BTW, it turns out the Dorsmeister and I are on the same cosmic plane (grin). Blessings to you and Dr. Z!

Dorsey, you demonstrate great wisdom with your patience (hehe). You da man!

Sister Janice hello! I’m so thankful God watched over you and yours in the storm. The pictures and stories you’ve posted are amazing! Sister I pray God will continue to bless you all during recovery from this great event.

1/25/2007 07:49:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

KC,

not finding something is at the same time finding something, so yes to your question
:)

Antonio

1/26/2007 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment