Home
« Home | Next: Double, Double, Toil and Trouble »
| Next: Is it you? »
| Next: Who am I? »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Prayer Request »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Are you an Evangelical? »
| Next: A Forced Observation »
| Next: For all Good Dorsiest »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, June 15, 2007

How much?

If the measure of love is sacrifice then is it simply in what we are willing to do or not do or in what we actually endure?

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God."

James 1:19-20 (KJV)


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello KC, Its me again finally?
I think the act of love is more willing than not willing to do . I think that to many put forth the wrath with their thoughts that sometimes linger around and still cause bad things to happen down the road that leads to disastor in thier lives!
In other words people just don't think they should be forgiving because they don't stop and think out a solution to problem?

BTW, I'm sending belated wishes and congratulations on yours and Corry's anniversary .

I have been busy with grandkids in the 1st half of day and then picking them up at 5:30 to go to VBS.

Blessings. Ron.

6/15/2007 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

By the scripture you quote and my own personal need in love, I would say it is to endure one another.

To do or not do for another can be motivated by many things other than love. Even the most sacrificial of gifts can have selfish motivation. But to endure another requires patience, kindness, humility, civility, unselfishness, composure, forgiveness, optimism, loyalty, trust, and perseverance. Sounds a lot like love to me. :)

But maybe when the time comes, its both?

6/15/2007 09:42:00 AM  
Blogger sofyst said...

The willingness or unwillingness to do something cannot be called sacrifice. Jesus was willing to go to the cross (the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak), but this simple willingness to die was not what was considered sacrifice. Until He acted it was not sacrifice...

Hmmm...methinks that this has some manner of application in other areas...

6/15/2007 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hello Grandpaw! It’s good to hear from you! Thanks so much for the well wishes. I knew you had been caring for your grandchildren and I was tickled to read you’re getting around so good these days. ;-)
I really like how you tied forgiveness in to sacrifice.

Missy I agree and even question with you if it’s both.
BTW I noticed we’re going to get a full report on that special Daddy & daughter event.
;-)

Adam it really is good to see you! I hope and pray you’re doing well my brother.
I think the will not to harm another could require we sacrifice pride, etc… in which case there could be no action, only the will to forego an act. What say ye?

BTW, Missy it's always good to see you too! ;-)

6/15/2007 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I agree with Adam that mere willingness doesn't constitute sacrifice, else we would simply be evaluated by our good intentions. I say this, of course, with the concession that withholding the back of my hand from my tormentor is an act, and can, therefore, be considered sacrificial (to the will of my flesh).

6/15/2007 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

So Dorse we can say that there is an act of withholding action, which is sacrificial. I’ll by that. Could you agree there is an act of endurance that is sacrificial as well?

6/16/2007 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely! Endurance is an unending series of actions and withholding of actions. You're right on the money... as usual.

6/17/2007 07:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

If only! ;-)

(Thanks for the encouragement...as usual)

6/18/2007 05:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment