Home
« Home | Next: Something Special... »
| Next: Would you pray? »
| Next: Praise God! »
| Next: Get Service »
| Next: What are your credentials? »
| Next: Pride and Passion »
| Next: False Believers »
| Next: An Excellent Question »
| Next: Be ye therefore perfect… »
| Next: Doctrinal Purity and Fellowship »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, October 03, 2008

Are you responsible for the invisible Church?

I can’t help but wonder how many of us are actually willing to accept responsibility for our part in maintaining and sustaining the invisible Church. I suspect there are those who would even refuse to acknowledge the invisible Church while at the same time doing all they can to insure it in perpetuity.

Do you try to be God or Satan? Are you one who knows the mind of God and is able to discern the hearts of men or are you the one to whom we can always deliver an unrepentant believer for destruction? If you’re either of these then you’re certainly doing your part to make the Church invisible.

Do you claim to submit to the authority of scripture while damning all and any who do not agree with your understanding and interpretation of the same? Perhaps it’s your philosophy that must be adhered to if they are to escape your wrath to come. If so then you are most certainly responsible for your part in the invisible Church.

Does your love for the brethren compel you to strive for their destruction? Do you sharpen your ax so as to slay your brother? Have you at least done all that you can to ensure that his ax is dull? Have you destroyed his shield and made certain that he is susceptible to any and all fiery darts?

It may be that you are more responsible for the invisible Church than you ever imagined.

10 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

{gulp...} You're back!

Have I - do I - do these things? If I have, tell me. I would bet with my big mouth and uncontrolled emotion, I do it often.

I'm not sure what you mean by "invisible Church"? In a sense, I've always imagined the Church to be rather invisible in it's humility, and this behavior you describe, though not necessarily individually dismissed as part of the Church, not a mature characteristic of the Church - and by far, not very invisible in it's pride.

I've missed you, KC - and speaking of invisible, Dorsey, too. Have you seen the trouble I get into without you guys? ;)

10/03/2008 08:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

“Gulp?” LOL

Sis I suspect we’re all guilty of these things to one degree or another. It’s just way too easy to do. These articles along this line usually start to take form because of something someone else has said or done but God has blessed me to withhold my writing until the finger of blame is clearly pointing at me. At any rate I assure you I did not have you in mind with this article. ;-)

Jesus said that all men would know we are His disciples by our love for one another. If we understand that the Church consist of Christ’ disciples then it is made visible through that love. Where that love is absent Christ’ disciples are unknown and the Church becomes invisible.

You’re so sweet to say you’ve missed me but I think you well know that Corry and I would always love to hear from you and Mr. R. in any way at any time so I hope you won’t have to miss me the next time my blogging slows down. ;-)

Speaking of the devil, er, ah, I mean Dorsey, I don’t think I would have made it back to blogging this soon had it not been for his kindness, patience and wisdom. Yes I’m talking about Dorsey! (hehe)

As for your troubles I suspect you’ve done all that you could and I will continue to pray for all involved.

10/03/2008 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Ah, I see your point, bro. I agree. Then, you might say that the invisibility of the church can be directly proportionate to the visibility of self in those members?

It's so easy to think of others that might fit the bill, but all I can and should consider is myself in this role. I did more than I should've done in those troubles, KC, and regret it much.

"...but God has blessed me to withhold my writing until the finger of blame is clearly pointing at me."

This is why I've missed your blogging! I eagerly await the day I am blessed in the same way. You can certainly pray for that if you're so inclined!

You and Corry are fine godly examples for us to follow and grow in. Mr. Right and I will have to keep that open "window" (or is it Mac?) in mind. :)

BTW - I always suspected those attributes you credit in Bro. Dorsey! :D

10/03/2008 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Hi KC,
Glad you posted.

But the classical definition of the invisible church, versus the visible church is that the invisible church is made up of the elect from all ages. True believer make up the invisible church. It's Reformers acknowledging that we don't know who is saved and who is not saved. Any local body, the visible church, consists of both those who are elect and non-elect. Therefore, those who are elect are a part of the invisible church, while all those there are part of the visible church.

So, in that sense, we all want to contribute to building up the invisible church.

OK, just some thoughts on the issue.
Blessings

10/04/2008 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

And glad to see that you posted again!

10/04/2008 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Missy thanks so much for the kind words. I think your ratio and proportions perspective is dead on.

Hola Pastor! Your visits are always a blessing to me. I did take some liberty with the classic theme didn’t I? ;-)

Thanks so much for the kindness and encouragement. I really appreciate you and Sis. Beth. Even though I haven’t blogged much lately I’ve still enjoyed reading you both.

10/04/2008 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please stop saying nice things about me, lest you raise people's expectations. That's too much pressure.

As for the invisible church, I wish some of them would be a little more invisible.

Is that wrong?
: ]

10/04/2008 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Wait let me rub my eyes!
KC and Dorsey both posting!
Hold on checking the temp down under.
Doesn't seem frozen over anywhere it must be a special day!

I love you guys so why have you both been so far away?

I might understand the invisible church thing another time but for now I am only left to wonder if you not invisible and you walk into and invisible church can you be seen through the walls?

:)
BE LOVED

10/04/2008 08:27:00 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Glad to see you back.

I think when we hid our lights under a bush, we are keeping the church invisible.

Let you light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify the Father which is in Heaven.

10/05/2008 02:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dorsey yes, that is not only wrong but it exemplifies your callous heart and your mean spirited attitude, but then, what else should we expect from you!?

(Man I’m so sorry for potentially raising anyone’s expectations. I hope the comment above is not too little too late! (hehe) love ya brother and thanks, seriously, for being there and being you!)

Lady Z I love that question on so many levels! ;-)

(BTW you well know we’re only a phone call away!)

Pech my main man, excellent point!

BTW that’s a great article over at your place today.

10/05/2008 06:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment