Home
« Home | Next: Time Out »
| Next: Faith is not the Gift »
| Next: He even has my haircut »
| Next: DST and your PC »
| Next: Regeneration »
| Next: Elect in Christ »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Does your faith move your mountain?

For the better part of two years I have discussed and debated theology with those here that I am persuaded are not only my brethren in Christ, but also my better in intelligence, ability and training. I have been open and honest in all the things that I am confident in but until recently I never attempted to articulate my present understanding of what my dear friend Pastor Timothy referred to as “kc’s mountain of theology”. Now if after being exposed to a portion of that mountain you do not feel you can place any trust in it then let me assure you that makes at least two of us.

You see I’ve watched God’s word rain down on that mountain and wash it down to the foundation on more than one occasion. I have carried bucket after bucket up that hill only to find nothing at all to keep it in place. I’ve watched the mountain shift back and forth during the earthquakes of my studies and the tremors of our debates and so no, I don’t trust in my understanding but to be totally honest, I trust even less in yours and especially in your philosophy. The truth is that the only thing I have found unmovable in all of this is our knowledge of Christ Jesus, the Son of God. This is our foundation and it has never moved. This knowledge came not by reason of understanding or through any natural experience but by God’s grace alone. I have no doubt at all it cannot be shaken but by Him.

Still my beliefs are based on my reasoning and understanding of the teachings of Christ and the Apostles as related in the scripture and I trust yours are too. I listen hard to all you offer as you detail every aspect of your system and philosophy. I try hard to see if you really possess a better understanding of God and His grace on any point. I measure every word against the scripture and against my own experience and give you all of my questions and doubts for open rebuttal and refutation. I do not expect perfection from you, only openness and honesty and in that you have not disappointed. I can only offer the same.

Our discussions have left me fully convinced that there truly is a system of theology but even more they’ve convinced me that neither you nor I will comprehend it fully in this life. Once more I propose we pursue it together without fear of ridicule or reprisal. If you find that your faith leaves your mountain no longer being shaped by The Creator but has caused it instead to become a volcano only spewing hot lava and ash then I beg you please pray for the rain to quench the fire before it destroys all that is set before you.

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

..."I look beyond the empty cross
Forgetting what my life has cost
And wipe away the crimson stains
And dull the nails that still remains
More and more I need you now,
I owe you more each passing hour
The battle between grace and pride
I gave up not so long ago
So steal my heart and take the pain
And wash the feet and cleanse my pride
Take the selfish, take the weak,
And all the things I cannot hide
Take the beauty, take my tears
The sin and soaked heart and make it yours
Take my world all apart
Take it now, take it now
And serve the ones that I despise
Speak the words I can't deny
Watch the world I used to love
Fall to dust and thrown away
I look beyond the empty cross
Forgetting what my life has cost
So wipe away the crimson stains
And dull the nails that still remain
So steal my heart and take the pain
Take the selfish, take the weak
And all the things I cannot hide
Take the beauty, take my tears
Take my world apart, take my world apart
I pray, I pray, I pray
Take my world apart"


Its the end of a amazing song but its really cool and I think it is the mountain. Jars of Clay.

Tomorrow is not promised love now

3/21/2007 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Lady Z you never fail to relate to my heart felt post. ;-)

3/21/2007 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC, this is an amazingly well-written post.

3/21/2007 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

KC, you did not have to write this just for me! ;-)

It looks like with have both come to the same conclusion - an unconclusive one. Arriving there just in the past few days has brought me great joy where there was great sorrow. We have the answers God wants us to have - for now.

God bless you, over and over.

3/21/2007 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Preacher, thanks.I place much value in your opinion. ;-)

Missy! This wasn't for you at all!

I have yet to see you spew fire about anything! ;-)

3/21/2007 01:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how funny...or is it providential!? I just posted a comment to you on my blog, saying something very similar - but FAR, FAR less eloquent than how you've expressed it! :)

Thanks for this KC. It's very timely for me indeed.

3/21/2007 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

That's only because I am writing; I have time to think before I press "publish" :)

3/21/2007 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Gayla, I'm so thankful to know this was a blessing to you. Thank you so much.

Missy, I think we've all been blessed by the distance from our mouth to the keyboard at least a time or two. ;-)

3/21/2007 03:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I started reading this post I thought like Missy that you were kindly telling me what you wanted me to know? But I want you to know that I finished reading it and determined that it was written with love and wasn't supposed to be no hard feelings? So Bro. KC I ok some more of them in the future with the continueing Grace that God intends us to use! As Mrs Zeke said - Tommorow is not promised so spresd your love today? Blessings. Ron.

3/21/2007 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger jazzycat said...

K.C.,
Excellent thoughts. I think you have nailed it. Those that have the son have life. God bless you for keeping our focus on this essential truth.

3/21/2007 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Bro. Ron in all honesty this was for no one in particular but everyone in general, and especially me! Like Missy, I can’t even imagine you spewing fire. ;-)

Wayne thanks so much for the encouragement brother. I’m so thankful for your sweet spirit. ;-)

3/22/2007 04:42:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

You have such a sweet spirit, brother.
I love you in the Lord!

3/22/2007 08:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Rose, you're such a dear sister and you well know the feeling is mutual!

3/22/2007 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm more gas plumes than lava. Lava has substance, at least.

3/22/2007 07:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dorse, I knew I missed covering one of the bases in this article! Wait..., doesn't gas signal an impending eruption? ;-)

3/22/2007 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes. Ask anyone in my family (Thursday is burrito night.).

3/22/2007 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment