Home
« Home | Next: Another gospel »
| Next: My complete soteriology is that... »
| Next: Listen to this! »
| Next: There's a difference.... »
| Next: Who then can be saved? »
| Next: A few things have come up..... »
| Next: Saving Grace »
| Next: Pecheur Update »
| Next: My complete soteriology »
| Next: The Aftermath »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Caught in Katrina

This was Corry’s first Hurricane and although we only experienced class 1 winds I don’t think she’ll ever forget it. I’m sure she’ll want to blog about it so I’ll let you all hear of our experience from her perspective.

We’ve been blessed to come through Katrina with what I will call minor damage (maybe $2,000 after all is said and done) but our hearts are with the thousands whose lives will never be the same. We’re waiting to hear of organized efforts to help those outside our state and we’ve all agreed (the family) to do what we can. We’ve started here in mobile and when we’re confident all that can be done is being done we’ll focus on Mississippi then Louisiana. Florida got hit too but they seem to have things under control. I’ll try to keep up the blog and I’m sure Corry will provide updates on our experiences. Please pray for the many here who are suffering.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

My heart and prayers are definitely with all those harmed physically, emotionally, and financially because of the storm. I pray that some good may come out of this disaster.

8/31/2005 07:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Tragedy seems to provide a clear demarcation and those who love, love more perfectly while those who hate are more clearly evident. In my heart I believe that God does use these disasters to prove us.

8/31/2005 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I am very glad to hear that you and your family are alright. I am without words to say about how much damage and destruction I have been seeing on the news. I especially feel heart broken over the people who did not have any means or were too feeble to leave before the storm hit.

I watched a dvd about Jeremiah last friday. I'm not sure this was a coincidence. God help our country and Your people.

Grace & Peace

8/31/2005 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Amen Kris.

8/31/2005 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matt I am truly grateful for your prayers and concern. I'm hoping and praying for all the decisions you're considering and especially for you and your family during the internship period.

9/01/2005 04:33:00 AM  
Blogger Hugo said...

Been out of the blogosphere for a few days - many, many prayers for y'all - prayers for hope, for healing, for peace, for patience, and for more prayer.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

9/02/2005 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hugo thanks so much. I know you've been really busy these days and we're continuing to remember you all. ;-)

9/02/2005 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment