Home
« Home | Next: Listen to this! »
| Next: There's a difference.... »
| Next: Who then can be saved? »
| Next: A few things have come up..... »
| Next: Saving Grace »
| Next: Pecheur Update »
| Next: My complete soteriology »
| Next: The Aftermath »
| Next: What am I doing here? »
| Next: A personal note »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Sunday, August 21, 2005

My complete soteriology is that...

My salvation is complete in Jesus Christ.

I am saved
By the grace of God I have received the gift of eternal life through my faith in Jesus as Christ and His Spirit has sealed me for the day of redemption.

John 3 (NASB)
13 No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.
14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up;
15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 4
30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

I am being saved
By His grace God now works in me to accomplish the good works of faith that will withstand the judgment of Christ that I might endure to the end.

Ephesians 2
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

2 Corinthians 9
8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

1 Corinthians 3
11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
14 If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
15 If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

I will be saved
While my soul has received the gift of eternal life and my life is now being transformed, my body remains corrupt and must likewise be transformed into the image of Christ on the day of redemption.

1 Corinthians 15
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
45 So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL " The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960,1962,1963,1968,1971,1972,1973,1975,1977,1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think Jeff was the first person to explain to me the greek (i think) usage of the verb, "to be" as a description of process. The way he put it is better described as "be being," which describes the past, present, and future nature of "the being."

Aggh, that's not very clear. Jeff, help me out here, bro.

(I taught him everything he knows, then I forgot it)

8/21/2005 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matt I admit that I considered that someone might read about my complete soteriology and get the idea that whoever will call on the name of the lord will be saved. Thanks brother. ;-)

Dorsey “be being” has me fascinated. I’ll wait for Jeff to weigh in.

8/21/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jeff thanks for the well-spoken clarification. I suspect this reasoning would fit well within Augustine’s perspective of time and eternity and I do find the scripture to indicate that his perspective might apply in many circumstances, however it seems to me that the scripture alludes to a discontinuity with respect to man. If his perspective of time were strictly applied to works of faith, it would seem that faith is predestined, or imposed by God on man. Our life would then simply be a play to be acted out, as some have put it. I do not find the scripture to indicate that in any way. I will confess I only have suspicions concerning any concept of time and eternity and they are weak at best but I would be very much interested in pursuing a better understanding. Thanks again for the perspective. ;-)

8/21/2005 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

I really do plan to get caught up here and respond. Hope to see ya soon!

8/21/2005 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pech I sure hope that means what I think it does. B and A constantly ask me when you and Lady R will be back. They both loved seeing you but B is especially anxious to have you both go with them on their Friday night activity. Corry loves the fellowship and I personally am blessed in the twisting of the mind (grin).

Speaking of mind twisting….

Jeff when I began to consider the wheel concept I slipped off into that state where my eyes glaze over and my mouth is slightly open. I will admit I have a tendency to favor any perspective that uses the phrase “God can”. I might offer a blog or so to the subject in the near future if others more qualified than myself…(ahem)… fail to address it soon. This is one subject that never fails to humble me.

8/22/2005 04:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

kc & matt,
Very good post kc
Matt I like what you said about "over-simplified" if you hadn't wrote this I think I would commented something similiar. I just posted a blog on higher learning and spiritual training that has been on my mind for the last few days. (sorry for the ad kc)lol

8/22/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

We're back!!!!!!!!!

Tell B and A that we'll have to make it a date. =)

Mind twisting??? I already have a warped mind.

And with MATT, people will get the idea that salvation is an easy thing...just believe, what do you mean??? Surely there's more to it. =)

8/23/2005 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pech looking forward to seeing you!

Kris, mi casa su casa. Great blog. I’m anxious to read the comments. ;-)

8/23/2005 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Thanks for the interesting post. Great collection of passages.

The above comments are nice also.

8/23/2005 09:26:00 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Kc,

You really said it all here. Salvation is not a one time event; it is a continuous process. And I love Matt's comment! Sometimes, we do want to complicate the Word of God so much, that to see a post this simple is refreshing.

8/24/2005 05:16:00 AM  
Blogger G said...

I think that we have done a great disservice to soteriology in the modern age. What I mean is we have made three assumptions that are not biblical assumptions.
1. Salvation is something to happens to individuals.
2. Salvations goal is to get the individual into heaven.
3. The lines of salvations are clearly drawn.
If we continue to talk about soteriology in this was we are going to miss out on rich community salvation, that his for the here and now for making a kingdom of God on earth.

8/24/2005 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Just finished reading McLaren's postmodern treatment of salvation and evangelism. I know you may want to read the book, Kc, so I'll not tell you what he said. =)

8/24/2005 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Curious Servant thanks for the visit and I agree this is a generous lot. ;-)

Ron thanks again and I’m relieved you guys approve of the simplicity because it’s all the simpleminded have to offer. ;-)

G wasup! Thanks for the visit and I hope we can discuss some of your views and concerns in the near future. ;-)

Pech you’re too kind. ;-D

8/24/2005 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Hugo said...

KC: I'm finally finding some time to really read what you've written - and I find that I think I can agree with everything you've written. I especially like the way salvation is both a process, a gift and a destination. Many thanks for posting your thoughts!

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

8/26/2005 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hugo you can’t imagine what a blessing you’ve been to me in so many ways.

8/27/2005 03:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment