Home
« Home | Next: What happened??? »
| Next: Do you ever wonder... »
| Next: Church Discipline – What’s needed when it’s needed »
| Next: Church Discipline – Adjusting the Focus »
| Next: A Touchy Subject »
| Next: An Important Current Event »
| Next: Blogging and Church »
| Next: Faith and Humor »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Creating Topics for Blogspot Blogs »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Sunday, April 02, 2006

One Year Today

What a blessing it’s been to be a blogger this past year. I’ve learned so much from so many and I’m grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to share in my understanding with others and to be challenged by theirs. I’ve been given the opportunity to study the scripture with believers from all denominations and to debate theology with scholars a thousand times my better. I’ve been given access to and directed toward volumes of materials that were previously reserved only for those who had time to spend untold hours in numerous libraries. This has all been a great blessing to me.

I’ve watched unity rise up out of diversity and the hardhearted reconciled to the weak minded for the edification of us all. I’ve seen walls that divide us begin to crumble one life at a time. I’ve been given real hope for the future of our faith and the spread of the Gospel by the devotion demonstrated by those here so much younger than myself.

Most of all I’m thankful for the blessed fellowship with believers far and near. I’ve been privileged to partner in prayer with some of the most wonderful children of God from all over the globe and I’ve developed a deep and abiding love for each one. I’ve been encouraged in ways I never dreamed of and we’ve shared in our sorrow and our joy. We’ve joined together in praise and worship. We’ve shared in a laugh and we’ve cried and pleaded for each other before His throne.

I’d like to thank each one of you for the fellowship and for the time you set aside to engage with me in comments, mails, discussion and prayers. I pray that somehow I can repay you in kind for your love and that together we can bring glory to our Lord and further His cause.

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

Happy Anniversary!
Thank you, too. And Glory to God.

4/02/2006 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

May God continue to bless you and your wonderful family Karen. ;-)

4/02/2006 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! Sounds like blogging has been very worth while for you. I look forward to being able to spend more time on mine this summer while I'm out of school.
Thank you for your comment! Isn't God wonderful, beautiful, and just simply amazing? :-)

4/03/2006 01:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Michelle thank so much for the return. I'm looking forward to your post and more discussions in the Pub. ;-)

4/03/2006 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

We have all been blessed to have you around....well, I have, anyway! Happy Blogaversary!

4/03/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Kristi ;-)

4/03/2006 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Happy Blogaversary!!!!!:-)

4/03/2006 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thank you hottie, er I mean honey. ;-)

4/03/2006 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger sofyst said...

Have I truly known your pagan bum for over a year?

That is almost sad.

No, dispicable.

No, grand.

We should do a little research and see when specifically our anniversary is. Do you remember who commented first? It was probably me vehemently attacking you. Or it could have been you lovingly encouraging me. Either way, we still operate the same. I attack, you encourage.

:)

4/03/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

"I pray that somehow I can repay you in kind for your love...."

I do have a paypal account! That would be my preferred way of payment and you can save by using this method. Besides it has already evolved into 1 yr same as cash now.










Happy, Happy one year. I look forward to many more......especially if you actually pay or repay me......with money though! :):)

4/03/2006 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Adam it's actually been over a year. We had discussions on !!El Blogo Catastrofico!! before I even started my blog. I guess I remember because it was just more important to me *sniff*.

But to be fair, you were actually very gently trying to correct me. It was quite out of character I soon learned (hehe).

4/03/2006 03:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kris send me your account details and I'll be sure that there is a transaction on your account. Don't forget your password!

Thanks brother. ;-)

4/03/2006 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

kc, I've really been thinking hard about this payment method.

After much prayer and only one helping of barbecue ribs I have decided that it would be to my supreme advantage to have you just owe me.

Thanks brother. ;-)

4/03/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

I will consider myself in your debt. Perhaps Pub euros? (hehe)

4/03/2006 07:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bloagaversary!!!

i'm so blessed to have known you in blogsville and i intend to take this friendship not just confined here but also out into the real world. luv yah!

4/03/2006 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

God bless you dear Pia pal. ;-)

4/04/2006 06:23:00 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Hey, congratulations KC. Your blog is certainly an enhancement to the blogosphere.

4/04/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

kc,
Happy one year at blogging. You seem like such an expert I would imagine that you were doing it for far longer. I am glad to know you.

4/04/2006 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Gordon thanks very kindly and I would surely say the same of your site! ;-)

Thanks Rose my great sister. ;-)

(I've been working with HTML et al since '97 but lack the artistic ability to produce anything visually appealing so I usually just stick to applications.)

4/04/2006 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jayne I would expect nothing short of high fashion from you! Thanks sis. We both love you dearly. ;-)

4/04/2006 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Zeke said...

Congrats on one year, kc. Blogging is, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, "this whole other country." Your contributions have always been thoughtful and full of grace, so thanks for being you.

4/04/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Congratulations on a whole year of blogging! Belated Happy Blogaversary...your blog has been very inspiring to me...I'm enjoying getting to you better as well!

Hope your having a blessed week...God bless!

4/04/2006 08:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Zeke thanks brother. I really hope all is well with you and your wonderful family. You're all a blessing to me. ;-)

Cinder, likewise for sure. You've a great talent and a wonderful heart to match it. ;-)

4/04/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I'm very comforted and blessed by your and Corry's friendship.
Friends like you are great gifts from our Lord.
Thank you, Corry and KC!

4/05/2006 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dee thanks for the well wishes. I'm so sorry you'll be stuck in that cast and we'll continue to pray for you in that as well as your move. May God bless you and Tom.

Audrey dear zus, you are a great blessing to Corry and I as well and I'm so thankful to have inter-met such a wonderful person as you. ;-)

4/05/2006 05:57:00 AM  
Blogger sofyst said...

I REMEMBER EL BLOGO! How is he?

4/05/2006 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matt posted at Pecheur's a couple of times but I haven't heard since. The last I knew he was considering a postion teaching after they moved back near his home. I miss him and hope he's well. ;-)

4/05/2006 09:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment