Home
« Home | Next: I... »
| Next: Catching up! »
| Next: Apology »
| Next: Be not weary... »
| Next: Choose Life »
| Next: Power, Authority and Control »
| Next: In reply…Reformed or Roman? »
| Next: Time out... »
| Next: Discipleship »
| Next: Where are they now? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, June 05, 2006

Ask

“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
James 5:16 (KJV)

I very much enjoy study, discussion and debate and these have always been a great blessing to me. God has used each to alter my perspective and understanding of His will and ways but too often I neglect to pray. There are so many around me now that desperately need God’s guidance and/or deliverance and I confess I am in continual need of Him.

Please let us all pray for one another that we may be healed. May we never be found lacking because we failed to ask it from the Giver of all good things.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Yes. It is so important to pray for each other.

6/05/2006 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

You can count me in :-)

God's Grace.

6/05/2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matthew thanks for your affirmation and prayers.

Corry you know I do always. ;-)

6/05/2006 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Nellie Bellie said...

Great KC, thank you dearly...from my experience keeping your sin secret brings more sin. Only when you come clean with God and the person you have sinned against can healing come for you and the other person, again from harsh experience...much healing going on over here :o)

6/05/2006 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Kc in all seriousness If I confessed my faults whoever heard would run screaming!

Being in isolation of ones sins is lonely but many do not want to hear the reality is they prefer not to. Or worse they can not without injecting themselves because it makes people uncomfortable not to be able to relate.

Then lets say you do find someone who helps but forever they see you with the same eyes they saw upon confession even if God Himself has changed you. Been there.

It seems like a sick cycle but I don't have an answer to fix it.

Your loved

6/06/2006 04:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scripture is saying that if you sin against one of your brothers. Let them know so true healing can come between you. Then join together in prayer that those things that had happen be put in Gods hands. Then true healing will begin. It is important to tell you close friends if you are sinning. If you keep sinning the same sin. Let you frient know so you will accountable between you and your friend to change your ways. A true friend won't run away or judge you. They will lift you up and pray with you. Always remember to that God is always watching. He is always waiting for you to repent so He can move with in you.

6/06/2006 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes, it's so important to pray for each other and ourselves.
God bless you, KC :)

6/07/2006 04:15:00 AM  
Blogger forgiven said...

Hi Kc
Good point .. We should always pray for each other . Satan want us to be taking out.
Thanks Brother

Doug

6/07/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. we should really be praying for one another. that's very important. God bless you always. =)

6/07/2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dee, excellent thoughts and you've provoked me to do an article on the topic. I think the first part of this chapter addresses an often overlooked aspect of our relationship with each other in Christ. ;-)

Nellie I'm so thankful you're being blessed. It is so wonderful to be able to get past the hurt and get to the healing. ;-)

Mrs. Zeke I hope we get to discuss this topic fully soon. Some seem to formalize confession while others ignore it. I have a few thoughts on it that I'd like to discuss in an article soon. ;-)

PJ welcome and thanks for your thoughts. I think you and I may have a similar understanding concerning confession. ;-)

Audrey I would expect no less from one of my dearest sisters and prayer partners. ;-)

Brother Doug thanks so much. Your visits and thoughts are always such a great blessing to me. ;-)

Thank you dear Pia. It is so wonderful to know we can depend on each other's prayers. ;-)

6/08/2006 02:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment