Home
« Home | Next: A conversation »
| Next: Post-modern? »
| Next: An old poem »
| Next: Were you aware of this? »
| Next: One percent more »
| Next: Let's be reasonable »
| Next: I simply can't believe my own theology! »
| Next: What makes a "good" blog? »
| Next: And Even More Things »
| Next: Deja Vu all over again »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Thursday, July 07, 2005

Neal Whitlow has tagged me to respond to the "book meme." Every post on Neal’s blog is thought provoking, informative, encouraging and on occasion heart wrenching.

I am ashamed to admit that, with the exception of the Bible, these days 100% of my book reading is work related. It’s a curse that comes with being involved in a technology related business.

1. How many books have I owned?
300 or so

2. What was the last book you bought?
IHO Transfer Standard for Digital Hydrographic Data - IHB

3. What was the last book you read?
Engineering and Design - Hydrographic Surveying - USACE

4. What are FIVE books that have meant a lot to you.
Peace with God – Billy Graham
Foxe’s Book of Martyrs – John Foxe
The Future (The End and Beyond) – Bertran N. Driskell, Ph. D.
Temptation (Help for Struggling Christians) – Charles Durham
The Kingdom of the Cults – Walter R. Martin

5. Tag five people who haven't played yet
Pecheur
Matt
Hugo
Sofyst
Kris
-----------------------------------------------------------
Neal ask;
So...what are YOUR favorite books?
How much has reading devotional literature, theology, etc. influenced your spiritual life?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

How do I do this? Do I need to go to Neal's site?

7/07/2005 03:18:00 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

I can't believe IHO Transfer Standard fo Digital Hydrographic Data didn't revolutionize you life...we must not have the same taste in books.

Pecheur,
Just answer those questions in a post on your blog, then send an e-mail to anyone you want to tag letting them know.

7/07/2005 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Neal the plot was never fully developed. For a really fascinating perspective on refraction and ray path bending a good read is the Atlas Phased Array Multibeam Acoustic Sonar System Manual. I just couldn’t put it down (at least not before the system was up and running).

7/07/2005 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

"Atlas Phased Array Multibeam Acoustic Sonar System Manual"

My brain is on serious overload just trying to comprehend the title of this manual........ more simple sugar for nerve fuel please!

7/07/2005 09:19:00 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Thanks Neal. I was confused. Cool stuff.

I actually would like to discuss underwater topography!!!!

7/07/2005 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Hugo said...

Done - stop by and take a look! :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

7/08/2005 01:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kris it's like anything else. Learn the verbiage and "Wallah" you're an expert! I was fascinated that you had read Watchman Nee. I have done some light study on his perspective concerning the aspects of man. He perceives man as being three parts and I have a similar suspicion however I differ with him on his assignments and subsequent interpretations. I recently corresponded with Adam on the subject. Maybe we can swap some thoughts too?

Pech we'll do more than talk. When you get here we'll catch the next boat out. I had developed a package for single beam about 20 years ago and then for multibeam around 10 years ago. The single beam system was so easy to use it literally went commercial by demand. I’ve ported it to several environments over the years. The multibeam is so complex I decided to keep it in house. The tech support would have driven me nuts.

Hugo thanks for participating. I have a very high opinion of those I tagged and considered it as much a way to direct readers their way as anything else. ;-)
I knew your list would be impressive. Physics huh? I had read your comment to Corry about introversion. I'm a closet psycho who analyzes behavior (grin).

7/08/2005 03:48:00 AM  
Blogger Hugo said...

Closet psycho? Sounds lime my kind of friend! :-)

As for physics, yeah - I had a few posts dealing with physics and religion several montsh back . . . I've got another one rooling aorund in my head - now I just have to buckle down and write it!

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

7/09/2005 10:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment