Home
« Home | Next: Praise God! »
| Next: Eternal Life »
| Next: Age has its virtue »
| Next: Wonderful People »
| Next: BBS (be back soon!) »
| Next: Let us never forget... »
| Next: An Important Distinction »
| Next: What do you believe? »
| Next: Only One »
| Next: Thoughts on personal election »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, October 23, 2006

A Few Things - Signs of Life

Yes, it’s been a while. The Preacher said he was glad to see signs of life coming from here and I appreciate his sentiment. The truth is that these days life here in LA is moving at the speed of light! Corry was kind enough to post a couple of pictures and give a few details so I’ll refer you to her site if you’d like a little more information.

The Preacher’s comment caused me to reflect on a number of things that have been stirring around in the recesses (voids?) of my mind. I love blogging, not writing, but blogging. I love it because of the wonderful relationships we developed during the discussions we enjoy together. In most cases we’ve yet to even meet our new friends face to face but the joy, sadness, burdens, hope and love we share with them is no different from what we share with those we do see nearly every day. This means that when I have to set blogging aside to meet the challenges of the day it feels somewhat like leaving home to go on a business trip. I check in and keep up to date and even make myself available to the extent possible, but still I’m not here and I can only wait for the opportunity to catch up. In the mean time things happen. They happen fast too.

It seemed that all at once God opened up the mission field with a number of our friends heading off to foreign lands. I’m so thankful for the wonderful reports from all of them. Antonio has posted some pictures from their recent trip and Cinder has a new blog detailing theirs.

Then there are those who are back to blogging with a renewed zeal and a look to match. Jodie has some really salty warnings from H.K. and our Hero, Herobill, has an excellent new blog that chronicles the early Church from 6 BC to 70 AD. Now I know this might be a shock but Bobby Grow has moved again. ;-)

Sadly during my absence two of my favorite bloggers closed the door on their sites. I don’t know when or if they’ll start back up. Not1jot and Jeff at Demerging are both offline at present and I can only hope they will be back. I’m thankful That Jeff is checking in (señor jefe) and I hope Not1jot is doing well. One of our new favorites (we’ll be adding a link soon. I don’t know how I overlooked it!) is taking a break. Please remember Jel in your prayers.

Finally there are many here, like us, who need your prayers and God’s continued blessings. Pastor Timothy and Beth as well as John and Rose are both expecting a new family member and there are many we love and hope for listed on the Prayer List. Please remember each one.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

yes all those on the prayer list are precious!

10/23/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Hang in there as you ride the waves of life.

Maybe we can talk soon.

10/23/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I saw the pictures of the weddings now! Thanks.
Thanks for thinking of me while I wait out the last two months of this pregnancy.

I have missed you on the blogosphere.

Imagine that - Bobby changing his blog...

10/23/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Amen Sis!

Thanks Pech. I just told Corry we needed to call you this morning. ;-)

Rose, thank you and even though I've kept read I've really missed interacting.

I trust God will continue to bless you and John through delivery. Who knows, you might even get an Oscar for your efforts! ;-)

10/23/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger jel said...

KC, thank you, Corry, and all for your prayers, and comments,
I will be back, Lord willing , Got a book report I need to do first, will let you know about it when I get done!

My prayers are with you all,

God's blessings on you! :)

10/23/2006 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like exciting times at your house. April and Ray picked a great day to get married (my birthday).

Glad to see you posting again.

10/24/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jel, you're a great blessing here in the blogsphere and I pray the report goes well (and quick ;-).

Thanks Preacher. It's been a hectic blessing for the most part. ;-)

10/25/2006 05:11:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

Thank you KC,

I have posted the book report , of the book that I have been reading ,
if you would like to read it!


You and Corry are and have been a blessing to me!

God bless!

10/26/2006 05:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Great report! Thanks Janice. ;-)

10/27/2006 03:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment