Home
« Home | Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: A wonderful time indeed! »
| Next: Does your faith move your mountain? »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Faith is not the Gift »
| Next: He even has my haircut »
| Next: DST and your PC »
| Next: Regeneration »
| Next: Elect in Christ »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Where do we stand?

If I question your beliefs does that mean I’m attacking you? Does it make you want to attack me?

If I doubt your interpretation or understanding do you think I consider you less of a person? Do you consider me less a person?

If you are right and I am wrong does that mean I am evil? Does it mean you are good?

If I don’t agree with you does that mean I hate you? Do you hate me?

If I agree with others who disagree with you are we out to get you? Are you out to get us?

Am I your brother by virtue of the spirit birth? Am I your enemy by virtue of my understanding?

Do you love your brother? Do you love your enemy?

Should I fear you? Should you fear me?

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

Do we stand together in Christ or divided by our understanding?

3/27/2007 04:22:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Some thought-provking questions, Kc.

3/27/2007 08:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(1) is no (2) is no (3) is no (4) is no (5) is no (6) yes if you have received the spirit of God and no you are not my enemy (7) is yes (8) is no " only if you have a bigger stick " Yes we stand together in Christ and we can be divided if you say that the bible is not true word of God ! Blessings. Ron.

3/27/2007 09:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only speak for myself, so:

If I question your beliefs does that mean I’m attacking you? Does it make you want to attack me?

No to both. I look at them as challenges - so that I (we) might think and search the Scriptures.

If I doubt your interpretation or understanding do you think I consider you less of a person? Do you consider me less a person?

No to both.

If you are right and I am wrong does that mean I am evil? Does it mean you are good?

No to both.

If I don’t agree with you does that mean I hate you? Do you hate me?

I hope not. No.

If I agree with others who disagree with you are we out to get you? Are you out to get us?

No to both.

Am I your brother by virtue of the spirit birth? Am I your enemy by virtue of my understanding?

Yes. No.

Do you love your brother? Do you love your enemy?

Striving to do both, but not perfect in either one. We're all exasperating at times!

Should I fear you? Should you fear me?

I'm certainly no one to be feared! No.

3/27/2007 09:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC, these are excellent questions and I think the answer to each of them is determined by the degree of pride we allow to remain in our heart.

3/27/2007 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks all for the positive responses.

Matthew, are you going to post some of your pics from the trip soon!!?? ;-)

Bro, Ron those are both great qualifiers on #8! ;-)

Gayla, I really appreciate your attitude and your heart in all these things. ;-)

Preacher, ain’t it so, ain’t it so. I hate to have to admit it but any twinge of pain (often manifest as anger) over a disagreement in understanding only serves to highlight the pride in my heart.

3/27/2007 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I have them on a CD Rom, on a powerpoint file. However, I am not very techinical. We shall see.

3/27/2007 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

What if I don't like questions? What if I only like answers?
What if I am just too onery to....well.... what if?


:)

3/28/2007 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Well then Kris I guess I know where WE stand! (hehe) ;-)

3/28/2007 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great questions, and definitely ones we all need to consider. You always have me thinking. Thanks.

3/29/2007 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger sofyst said...

I think we can stand together in Christ, and together in our understanding, despite the distinctions in our understanding. I think the questions you raise, and the hidden inferences of peculiar behavior is what needs to be combated.

3/29/2007 04:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not getting any feeds from here. What can I do to get them again?
Should I just re subscribe?

3/29/2007 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/29/2007 07:49:00 PM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

Kc, you got me scratching my head –that’s ok though, it needed a good scratch.

It is rather unfortunate that we let silly arguments and silly debates get in the way of friendships. We quickly we forget that we are brothers and sisters in the Lord, and we forget the love of Christ.

It’s hard enough having to deal with the outside world, I don’t want to have to get into arguments with my Christian family!

Thanks for a good post,
Sarah :)

3/29/2007 07:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment