Home
« Home | Next: Does your faith move your mountain? »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Faith is not the Gift »
| Next: He even has my haircut »
| Next: DST and your PC »
| Next: Regeneration »
| Next: Elect in Christ »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Thursday, March 22, 2007

A wonderful time indeed!

Corry and I were blessed to spend a couple of hours today with our fellow blogger and brother in the Lord, Kris and his beautiful family. I think that was about twice as long as they had intended to stay but the truth is if we could have kept them here with us always we would. Kris and his sweet wife are truly two of the most wonderful people you could ever hope to know in this life and the three lovely ladies (out of 5 children) that accompanied them are the most pleasant, articulate, well mannered …let’s just face it, they’re simply adorable. I won’t mention their names here because Kris never has but if all will go as it seems it might, then we could be hearing from his dear wife on here in the very near future. ;-)

Kris and his family were passing through on their way back home to Oklahoma. They had arranged to stop by so we could finally meet face-to-face after nearly two years of study and prayer together here in Bloggerville. I was certain that Kris and I would be blessed in our meeting but I had no idea of how much like family he would be. We immediately began catching up while the ladies went to work on Little Casey. Kris’ wife is not just a nurse, she’s a very loving and caring nurse with many years of delivery and childcare. My daughter April soaked up such a wealth of knowledge from her that I felt I should pay Kris tuition. Kris’ youngest held and coddled Casey until her arm was hurting and before leaving even helped with a diaper change! Kris’ wife took care of Casey for the rest of their visit. The love this dear lady has for these children is so evident in all she says and does and it’s clearly reflected in her daughters. She and Corry carried on like sisters and I admit I enjoyed teasing the girls every chance I got. I’m also convinced that given just a few more hours that Kris and I could easily solve all the worlds’ ills. Perhaps we’ll take care of that soon if Corry and I can get away to see the Arbuckle Wilderness; at least that’s my present excuse for another chance to visit with Kris and his family but just having the opportunity to go to our Father in prayer together already means the world to me. ;-)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so neat, KC. Sounds like a good time was had by all!

I often think how amazing it's been to have connected with such fabulous people thru this little activity called blogging. People we would otherwise have never 'met.' Equally amazing is the fact that as fellow Believers, we can connect in even deeper ways.

I have met Claire (Claire Bug in my sidebar) in person once. She and hubby had a layover at DFW, and I only live about 15 minutes from the airport, so I ran up to meet them. We've forged a great friendship!

Thanks for sharing such a nice story!

3/22/2007 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Gayla, it's true. In addition to the blessings of fellowship I think this is an extremely powerful tool as well. I pray God will grant us wisdom to use it wisely. I have noticed it is invaluable in mission endeavors as a means of communication.

Corry told me about Claire’s’ good report and I know you’re so thankful too. God is so good. ;-)

3/22/2007 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

KC, Cory, & April:

We arrived back here at the house about an 1 1/2 hrs ago(friday night). I just read your words. You are so kind and we(my family) really enjoyed our brief stay. We wished we could have stayed longer, but like we said if and when you come to Okla. you all have a place to stay.

My wife really does enjoy nursing and helping people. Of course the 10 year old, Hannah, loved holding little R. Casey and at the same time realized that real babies can't just be put down just because your "arm hurts" like she does with her dolls.

Cory you are so sweet and my family talked about your wonderful hospitality to them for a long while going down I-10 on our way back home. They don't see that alot in their circle of friends. April, you really have a wonderful and sweet personality and kept the conversation going with Lindsay and Chelsea. Karel said don't hesitate to call on any concerns you have with Casey.

KC, my brother, I wish I had several hours just you and I to just sit and talk. I know I could have drank at least 3 or 4 pots of coffee just enjoying your company and talking about life on a more personal level.

Anyone who has read this blog can rest assured that what you see here is what you get. The kindness of the Lord is so evident in this family.

Grace & Peace
Kris & Karel

3/24/2007 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kris, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to bless us with your visit. I’m thankful you arrived home safely and we’re all anxious for another opportunity to visit together. You guys really are salt and light! ;-)

3/25/2007 04:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment