Home
« Home | Next: For posterity. This is where I spent (and misspen... »
| Next: The Invisible Church »
| Next: I thank God for His mercy and loving care for thos... »
| Next: Now is the time... »
| Next: Our Church »
| Next: Thy Kingdom come.... »
| Next: Please remember… »
| Next: Well… »
| Next: The prophet revisited »
| Next: Consumed by Katrina »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Value of scholarship

"There are four major views of the book of Revelation. I am trying to see where I may land (at least for the time being). This is a quest that began in seminary after taking an eschatology class. I had more questions than answers (which is typical when one studies "end times") after the class than before. It's funny. There appears to be two classes of study of the book of Revelation.

1) It's too hard and so why worry about it. "I am a pan-millennialist--it'allpan out in the end." In other words cop-out excuse.

2) Those who become enraptured with it and that's all they study,
neglecting the other 65 books, while reading every current event as THE sign for the 2nd Coming.

Frankly, both of these extremes are dangerous. I would like to be right in the middle--that is taking the study in relationship to the entire canon. Thus, hopefully focusing on the details of the book with the intention of examing how, in general, the book fits into the whole of canon. Not to mention I have some questions related to Matt 24 and 28 in reference to world missions and the end of 2nd coming."


Pecheur

This is a work in progress that's well under way and starts here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

Looks like I better get busy finishing it up!!! teehee. Blogger lost about half of my last post. I'll have it up and running before long. I am inspired now to git 'er dun. teehee

9/29/2005 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

and I will continue to apply heat liberally as needed (grin)

9/29/2005 01:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment