Home
« Home | Next: There's your world and my world »
| Next: A prophetic artist »
| Next: A Call to Cincinnati »
| Next: What you probably won't hear »
| Next: Purpose driven or pointless? »
| Next: My Final Post »
| Next: Caught in Katrina »
| Next: Another gospel »
| Next: My complete soteriology is that... »
| Next: Listen to this! »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, September 09, 2005

Consumed by Katrina


It seems Katrina has become somewhat of a demanding mistress. She forces us to evaluate everything from our political choices to our desire and ability to reach out to her victims. She’s made her way into the mind of nearly every person on earth and anything that can be remotely associated with her is raised to a level of great esteem and worthy of all thought and devotion.

She has consumed my own life. In my work I have had to evaluate her affect on navigation along the Gulf Coast and try to help make determinations on how best to cleanup her mess. At home we’re still checking on those we love while we watch and pray for the millions who’ve been devastated by her touch. We watch the news and seek to find it amongst the hysterical rhetoric of those who’ve seized on the opportunity to capitalize from the misfortune of so many. My free time will be spent repairing her damage to my home and property and in the quiet hours I’ll try to give her perspective in my life. I constantly remind myself of how vulnerable we all are and how easily our lives can be drastically altered in just a moment in time. What can I do? What should be done? How can I be safe and how can I ensure the safety of those I love?

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34 (KJV)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Magnificent post!

Such a range of emotions floods our minds as we consider what Katrina has "offered" us.

Would that we learn her lessons well and find our foundation, not in the things of this world, but in, and only in, Him .

9/10/2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Joe, thanks again. I’m struggling to keep His perspective through this but I seem tempted more each day to join in on the fight instead of the praise.

9/10/2005 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

great post

9/10/2005 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow, you are the first person I have read about that has experienced this first hand.

My prayers are with you. All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose!!

9/11/2005 04:07:00 AM  
Blogger sofyst said...

I can confess to the consuming force of Katrina. Who would have thought a storm that has barely affected my life at all would affect my life so greatly?

9/11/2005 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Well Woman thanks again for the encouragement!

Live, Love, Laugh welcome and thanks for the comment. I don’t honestly feel like a victim because there are so many here who have lost everything. We were truly blessed to escape with only minor damage.

Adam I sympathize. I think what you’re experiencing is very similar to what I went through after Camille. It’s all around you, it’s all anyone talks about and it seems there’s no way out. Does that about sum it up?

9/11/2005 06:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment