Home
« Home | Next: Thank You »
| Next: A Request »
| Next: How could you possibly know? »
| Next: The Christ »
| Next: Grateful »
| Next: Difficult »
| Next: Perfect Picture »
| Next: Christmas Giving »
| Next: Going PoMo »
| Next: That's Just Crazy! »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, December 31, 2005

Be Resolved

I am not one to be given over to procrastination so even though it’s only New Year’s Eve I’m going to go ahead and consider my resolutions for 2006…There, I feel much better.

All seriousness aside, I think resolutions are critical to the decision-making process. Just try and make one decision without a resolution, for example, decide to stop reading this article without resolving to do so. See? It’s nearly impossible to click away isn’t it?...Well Isn’t it?… Hey!!!….Hellooooo??

I like my resolutions to start or end with “If”.

“I’m going to be a better husband…if Corry doesn’t prevent me”.

“If I have the time…I’m going to study more”.

“I’m going to do everything perfectly…if nothing goes wrong”.

Now those are resolutions I can keep!

And finally, “I resolve to try and keep my resolutions”.

I’m so glad I don’t have a problem with commitment. ;-)

May God bless you all during the next year according to His loving will.

14 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

I won't stop you!!! hehe.

Just teasing, I really wouldn't know what else you need to improve:-)

I love you:-)

12/31/2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

LOL!

I truly need to make some resolutions. I don't want to put it off.

I think I'll make them Jan 2.

Antonio

12/31/2005 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Good thinking, KC.

I never bother making resolutions myself; I should seek to be lead by the Spirit every day and be faithful to God's Word. Some pious thoughts for tonight.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

12/31/2005 03:07:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

May your 2006 be filled with joy, peace, love, good health and rich blessings from our Lord!

Happy New Year!

12/31/2005 06:18:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Corry I love you.

Antonio I'm so glad you got a laugh. ;-)

Matthew, once more your wisdom and admonishion are timely and greatly appreciated.

Audrey it is so wonderful to have a sister like you. I am so thankful to be joined with you in hope and prayer. ;-)

12/31/2005 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I have already resolved to delay my resolutions.

Since it is not time yet, this is a pre-resolution.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12/31/2005 08:06:00 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

I resolve to make some resolutions, if I can get over the fear of not being able to keep them.

12/31/2005 09:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dee we're praying for you and Tom. I am trusting God to give all of you what you need and to bless you all in the recovery. I can't even imagine how horrible it must be for those who are without His constant presence.

Just this week Corry and I were able to get in to the last part of Dauphin island and view the damage. I plan to post some pics soon.

Joe I know that planning ahead like that can make all the difference when it's time to put things off again. ;-)

Seeker you've found the magic formula! I never thought of adding fear in the mix. That will insure you never even have to make a resolution. ;-)

Jeff, militant really describes some of the resolutions I've read here. They read like some that Hitler or Castro might make. "I'm not going to let him think..." or "I'll never let him know...". Total mind control!

I pray God continues to bless you and your wonderful family in the coming year. ;-)

1/01/2006 04:24:00 AM  
Blogger sofyst said...

I made a resolution long ago not to make any more resolutions...it is the only one I have kept.

1/01/2006 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Adam I think you've decided against "new year" resolutions but I see the evidence of your resolve constantly! I love you brother. ;-)

1/01/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I really liked that post, kc!!
Resolutions are a funny thing.
My mother made a resolution a couple of days ago that I heard about through the grapevive: Not to be so blunt. Ha ha ha! Sometimes these can at least reveal that a person is somewhat aware of a need in their life/character.
My resolution: not to be so sensitive. (see how mine and my mom's sort of complement one another? ...or do they cancel eachother out?) :~)

1/01/2006 02:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Rose so true. These resolutions really are telling. I can appreciate your sensativity concerning your mother. It seems that no matter how mature we are our tendancy to define ourselves in our parents eyes never fully departs from us. My prayers for you, John and yours remain. ;-)

1/01/2006 06:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't been doing resolutions for years now. i just hate it when i can't keep them. so i just do what i should and pray for thngs He still wants me to do. then i go from there.

God bless you always!

1/02/2006 02:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pia I think that's as wise a resolution as any I've heard. God blesses me in you constantly. ;-)

1/02/2006 06:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment