Home
« Home | Next: Perfect Picture »
| Next: Christmas Giving »
| Next: Going PoMo »
| Next: That's Just Crazy! »
| Next: Public Service Time Out »
| Next: Accepting God »
| Next: The Freedom to Fail »
| Next: Relative Blogging »
| Next: Peace, be still »
| Next: Missthepointivism and Igetitist »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Difficult

It’s been nearly a year since my brother died. He was born exactly one year after me, to the day, but we shared much more than just a birthday in this life. His ashes have rested in an urn at my Father’s house for nearly a year until Monday when I placed them in a vault my Father had purchased beside the one for he and his wife. His memorial service last year was wonderful and although Monday was unceremonious, the event gave closure to my Father and, for that, I am truly grateful. My brother had a wonderful testimony in his latter years and I rejoice in that. We will visit this site whenever we’re nearby, but I visit my memories of him constantly. The cane he used to help him walk in his last years leans against a wall in my great room but now I am looking forward to seeing him happy and whole again one day soon.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

kc,
I lost my younger brother a few years back. I know the feeling. I still have his dog living with us, a kind of living reminder, if you will.

His urn is right next to our mother's in our corner cabinet. I do not yet know what I will do with them. Maybe keep them. My dad is in failing health now too. Soon I will be the only one left from my family.

You strike me as a gentle spirit. I like that.

Mark

12/21/2005 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

It's ok to have these melancholy days. They give us a reason to ponder life, to remember our brothers, and think about the good times we had. Then, we look forward, eagerly, to seeing them again in heaven. (It's hard to believe it's almost 7 years since I last saw my brother.)

12/21/2005 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

sunset on earth is sunrise in heaven.

be strong :)

God bless you, KC.

12/21/2005 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

That is sad. I am sorry that you have had to suffer through that loss. Someday there will be no more death and God will wipe away every tear.

12/21/2005 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Kc,

I have not yet lost a sibling, but I lost my mother when I was 4. For a while, I used to go to see her grave. As I moved away and began my own family, I did that less and less. I know she would have wanted me to concentrate on raising my children. I talk about her to my children all the time, and I share pictures of her with them, but I must focus on their future. I am glad that this act brought closure to your father, and my prayer is that the Comforter will send you peace during this time.

12/21/2005 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how you feel. one day we'll see them again. and what a day that will be.

God bless!

12/22/2005 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I pray that God will give you peace and joy depsite your loss.

God Bless

Matthew

12/22/2005 02:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Mark, welcome brother and thanks for your kindness. I'm sorry for your loss as well and I pray your Father would be restored.

Seeker, I'm thankful that usually I only have a few moments of melancholy, and you're right, it's the looking forward that lifts us up. I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Audrey, may God bless you for your encouragement and sweet spirit. You're always such a blessing!

Rose, thank you for your sympathy and encouragement. What a day that will be!

Ron, it must have been difficult for you to have lost your Mother at such a young age. My thoughts for Pia will apply for you as well.

Pia, my dear sweet sister, of all who understand the loss of a loved one you know best. There is no doubt at all in my heart that those who've suffered most in this separation will experience the greatest joy in the reunion. I can’t even begin to imagine your Joy on that day. May God strengthen you now and bless you with foresight and a vision of the future. You are so dear to us.

Matthew, thank you for the kind blessing. Like Antonio, I’m really looking forward to that time when we’re all gathered together with Him. ;-)

12/22/2005 04:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Just letting you know I'm thinking about you kc and that I care.

Merry Christmas to you and your family brother.

12/22/2005 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Kris. That really means so much to me.

12/22/2005 03:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment