Home
« Home | Next: Missthepointivism and Igetitist »
| Next: Multiple Choice Question »
| Next: Wondering »
| Next: The Spirit of Christmas »
| Next: Strange Days »
| Next: A Few Things... »
| Next: Learning to Love »
| Next: More About Love »
| Next: How Do I Love Thee? »
| Next: Gratitude »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Peace, be still


I wish I were immune to the tension around me. Sometimes I get caught up in the false sense of urgency that permeates our lives. I’ve come to recognize this as a warning sign that I’m beginning to place my confidence and trust in my own abilities and myself. I now understand that, in itself, is a symptom of a greater problem. My faith in God has grown weak.

38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
Mark 4 (KJV)

I am worthy of your rebuke Lord. Oh, sweet rebuke. You have delivered me so many times and yet again I run to you in fear.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Kc,

I know that you and I have a spiritual bond! Read the post that I just put up today, and you will see what I mean!

12/07/2005 06:45:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

A wise man once told me never to react to pressure or a false sense of obligation and when that feeling comes along, that's the signal to "time out" and consider:-)
I love you.

God's Grace.

12/07/2005 06:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I need that rebuke right now also! I'm so pressured about getting everything taken care of with my car insurance, and finding another car, and on and on, but I need to just relax and trust God.
Thanks!

12/07/2005 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Sound thoughts.

12/07/2005 09:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Nice to 'meet' you KC. What does your name stand for? You know my name is Kitty Cheng, which also stands for KC =)

I can really identify with you - I do need that peace and stillness that you talk about. If you read my last post, you'll find that I also need some sweet rebuke from the Lord, as I too have the warning sign and the symptom of having tension in my life!

12/07/2005 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Ron, being twin brothers I kind of expect we'd have that bond! (grin)
Great post, as always, and although I wouldn't wish anyone the trouble I'm thankful you've been blessed in your adversity.

I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful wife. (I'll answer her comment in person)

Kristi we're praying His grace will continue with you throughout this ordeal. We know He is faithful. ;-)

DF, thanks and thanks so much for posting that hymn on your site. That was really a blessing to me.

Miss Kitty Welcome! Very nice to intermeet you.
Kc is the way I've always signed or initialed anything informal or personal. The letters together have the sound of my name, "Casey".
We're praying for your request from the prayer list and we can all ask for increased faith for one another. ;-)

12/07/2005 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just as guilty. forgive me, Lord.

12/08/2005 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

That picture and your words say it all.

12/08/2005 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Bless you Pia. Many, many blessings to you dear sister.

Nan, I'm so happy for you today! ;-)

12/08/2005 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pastor I would consider this a small downpayment for the many blessings I receive from you and yours. You're all in our prayers and many blessings to you all. ;-)

12/09/2005 10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment