Home
« Home | Next: Fear and Trembling »
| Next: My Own Prison »
| Next: What I’ve learned »
| Next: We should all just quit! »
| Next: I really like this one »
| Next: A 5 Point Universalist? »
| Next: Is Sanctification the Consequence of Righteous Liv... »
| Next: How much? »
| Next: Double, Double, Toil and Trouble »
| Next: Is it you? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Perfect Law of Love

My dear sister Rose has tagged me to "post [on] that verse or story of scripture which is important to you, which you find yourself re-visiting time after time." Rose has posted an excellent article that covers several topics including hypocrisy and you don’t want to miss it.

Immediately after I was saved I had a great desire to please God and knew I had to learn how so I set out to read the scriptures. I began at the beginning and read through Genesis and Exodus and started into Leviticus. One thing that was so obvious to me was the extreme detail and the absolute perfection required by the law. I considered how difficult it was going to be to live a life that would be pleasing to God but at the same time I knew that to attempt to do otherwise was to condemn myself to failure and misery. It’s hard to recall the specific details but at some point I decided to turn to the New Testament. I had not studied very long when I came upon these verses in the King James version:

Matthew 7

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
And these:

Matthew 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
My first thought then has remained with me to this day. I only have to learn to love God and others more perfectly. I have since learned this is only possible in and through Christ.

The bloggers I am tagging for this meme are:
Pastor Timothy
Brother Ron
The Fisherman
My Sweet Bride

I would have tagged Dorse but I stole his thunder. ;-)

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man, you sure did. I'd have just cut and pasted your post. hehe.

However, lately, I find myself drawn to 2 Corinthians 12:15:

And I will very gladly spend (myself) and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.

This has been sticking in me... I'm missing the larger community a little.

7/31/2007 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Dorsey,

Can I tag that last line? I am for sure missing the larger community of faith. And hey don't mind Kc, he's just trying to be difficult.

Kc,
This one will take a little thought.

7/31/2007 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tag away, Pech... Kc and I have waded in deep together on these two passages and I think we both hold these passages in similar regard, especially taken in the context of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14:

"Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.

For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil."


I hold "his commandments" to be the Matthew 22 passage. Clearly, the gospel is not meant to be gone at alone.

7/31/2007 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dorse that verse from 2 Corinthians reminds that there is no greater love than that. I really appreciate how you tied it together with Ecc. 12 too. You are da man!

Pech my dear brother in arms take all the time you need. I'll just be difficult until you post! (Evil Grin)

I really love you guys.

7/31/2007 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Hi KC,
I've responded to your tag. :)
Blessings

8/01/2007 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC,

I'll try to answer the tag before the cows come home saturday !

Blessings.
Ron.

8/01/2007 09:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life

Faith doesn't get you into trouble it gets you through it

It's not what you gather in life but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you lived

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you and to your children and to all that afar off even as many as the lord our God shall call

Someone once said a turtle on a fence post has to know he didn't get there all by himself

In listening to brother Gordon and Brother Griffiths I have learned that:

God promises he will give us eternal life if we follow his word

In studying the bible the first 3 Chapters of Genesis tells us that god created and gave us every material thing and made every living creature on earth

My perception of all things that I am writing about has fully made me to understand what god has intended for me to learn from his word. When reading the first 3 chapters of Genesis it is easy to understand that when god created all the trees, flowers, birds, bees and made man in his image it kind of makes me understand that saying about the turtle on the fence post not getting there all by himself. It is one of my endeavors to try to do the best I can in my journey to follow jesus' commands in Matthew Chapter 28 verse 19 and 20 GO ye therefore and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you and lo that I am with you always even until the end of the world. Amen

I wanted everyone to know as Mrs. Zeke says "Beloved you are"

8/02/2007 07:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well KC,

I guess Cole has stole my thunder as you said ? But It makes me thankful that all my trying to help him understand and Bro. Gordon and Bro. Griffiths and his Sunday School Teachers that have taught Him about His Lord and Savior has not been in vain !

Thanks little Buddy for helping Papa- Ron out ?

And there KC. you have my answer to my tag !

Blessings Ron.
[ PS.] He's only 12 years old ?

8/02/2007 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Hi Kc,

It's been quite a while since I've stopped by. So, stopped to say hi...will be back to back read later.

Blessings and God's Grace.

8/02/2007 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

OK, I think I am ready.

"post [on] that verse or story of scripture which is important to you, which you find yourself re-visiting time after time."
Mine would be Jeremiah 1:4-10

Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.


When I was trying to figure out what God was saying to me long ago, I came to this verse, but refused to read it. I didn't want to be a proclaimer of his word.

After I allowed God to speak me, I came back to these verses and somehow felt they were not just for Jeremiah but that God had spoken them to me as well.

I said, "God, I am too young to do this."
He said, "Do not say you are too young, go where I send you."

"But what if I do not want to go where you send me? Besides, what would I say?"
He said, "Just obey and say what I tell you."

As time passed, I was speaking in front of larger and larger crowds. I have read and prayed this passage so many times I can not remember. "Be not afraid of their faces."

Now, I go back to this passage not to comfort me in front of huge crowds; that does not happen anymore, but it comforts me as I live in a country not mine own, and speak to others in a language not my own.

When I am ready to give in the towel, I look to these verses. I know God has called me to something, and who knows, it may be to destroy and rebuild nations. And until I find out what that looks like or am shown something differently, I will assume that this is my path that God set me on in my mother's womb.

8/04/2007 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Monday Morning KC.

I know its been real hot last couple of weeks ! Hope all is ok?

You hadn't been out in the yard and let a herd of lightered knots run over you hunting a shade have you ?

Blessings.
Ron.

8/13/2007 08:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, you need to get on board the Ron Paul Revolution 2008.

He's the Christian constitutionalist candidate of choice for alienated young people, and old people too.

8/15/2007 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Where the heck are you, dude? I hope all is well. In passing I thought I would offer up my favorite scripture, Isaiah 30:15-21. I am not sure what it all means, but everytime I hear or read it, something stirs in my soul.

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.

You said, 'No, we will flee on horses.'
Therefore you will flee!
You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.'
Therefore your pursuers will be swift!

A thousand will flee
at the threat of one;
at the threat of five
you will all flee away,
till you are left
like a flagstaff on a mountaintop,
like a banner on a hill."

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'

8/19/2007 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hi KC

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Brother =)
God bless you.

8/20/2007 01:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Opa!!!

I love you :-D

8/20/2007 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

KC, I'm sorry this is coming a little late, but.......HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!!

8/22/2007 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC,

I know probably " We should all just quit ! " but " What I've learned " When I was in " My own prison " with " Fear and Trembling " " THE PERFECT LAW OF LOVE " <> {GOD'S LOVE } helped me to be set free !

Just thinking about you and Corry and Litl KC wondering how ya'll doing ? Been missing ya'll ?

Blessings.
Ron.

8/27/2007 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

KC,
It's been almost a month... we're getting worried.
Blessings

8/28/2007 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I miss you, KC!

9/06/2007 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Your last paragraph was a close to inspired as we humans can get.

9/07/2007 05:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment