Home
« Home | Next: Time out »
| Next: The Roman Error »
| Next: A few things… »
| Next: You make my day! »
| Next: Would you agree? »
| Next: Reflections on John 3:8 »
| Next: Be The Blog »
| Next: A Powerless Message »
| Next: "good tidings of great joy" »
| Next: A few things…and many request »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Early Arrival

Leo is our second grandson. It seems he just couldn’t stand the thought of missing out on his big brother’s first birthday party. His arrival was scheduled for late in February but with some help from Mom and her doctors he made it in time for Casey’s party later today. Both he and his mom are healthy and well and we all praise and thank God for this great blessing.

Our thanks go out to all of you for your prayers and encouragement. We appreciate it so much. Leo’s early arrival caused quite a stir here this week. There were so many things scheduled for this month that had to be accomplished in short order and without the normal oversight and direction of his parents. I had previously reported that things were a bit hectic here but in Corry’s words, “Hectic was a breeze” compared to what followed. Most of you know that Corry is my angelic wife but she really earned her wings this week! ;-)

God has blessed me to be able to look around. I look around when things seem out of control to see how He is working in the lives of all involved. I saw my daughter’s faith being tried and I watched as Corry’s faith was made stronger. I even caught a glimpse of my own reflection as I was once more made aware of how dependant we all are on His providence.

God is so good!





15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allow me to be the first to say what a handsome young man this is. I'm glad the Lord has blessed y'all in this special way.

2/10/2008 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Only Look said...

Well congradulations brother!!

Happy Papa!

2/10/2008 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello KC,

He is a handsome little feller , and now you can be a grandpa in redneck style , but start making arrangements for a bigger redneck boat to accomadate all the family .

Blessings to you my friend and keep on enjoying and capture every chanceyou can cause my Lit;l Buddy and Junior will grow up fast . The experiences you have will be priceless ! Thanks be to our Lord And Savior !

Blessings.
grandpa.

2/10/2008 08:30:00 PM  
Blogger Bill Heroman said...

That's a much cuter pic than the last post's pic!

Hope you get to take the boy fishing soon. ;)

2/10/2008 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Congratulations, KC!!!

I'm so very proud of your most beautiful wife too. Our dearest Corry is a very precious gem =)

There is a surprise for you on my blog =)

2/11/2008 01:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kc.

2/11/2008 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Preacher thanks so much to you and Amy for your love and kindness. You're really salt and light for us and so many others I'm sure. May God bless your sweet family.

Brian thanks brother! We took on the Dutch names so I'm Opa and Corry is Oma. ;-)

Amen Brother Ron! We'll all have to take that houseboat for a float one day. I honestly wonder if we'll enjoy those type things together during the Kingdom reign. ;-)

Quite a relief too Bill! (hehe) Maybe you'd like to join us with Ron on a float & fishing trip? ;-)

Audrey thanks so much dear sister! Where would we be without you? You brighten our lives every day. We are so grateful for you!

Bobby thanks! ;-)

2/12/2008 05:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To save you the trouble, I just pulled a cigar out of my private stash.

He's a fine-looking boy. And a sharp dresser to boot.

May your tribe continue to increase, my brother. Please offer my congratulations to April and Ray, too.

2/12/2008 06:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi KC,
Congratulations! We are so glad that he's here and looking so pretty. (Can I say that about a baby boy?)
We thank God that everyone is healthy. We were worried for ya'll.

BTW- That fish picture is one of the ugliest things I've seen in a long time. Yikes!

2/12/2008 08:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dorse thanks but please set aside one of those cigars for me later!

His Dad dressed him for that pic and I think you can tell. It's a guy thing (hehe).

Thanks much for the great blessing brother.

Sis. Beth thanks so much for the kind words and for your concern. We really appreciate you both so much.

Pretty is a fine word as long as he's dressed in such an obviously masculine way (grin).

That gar really looks prehistoric, doesn't it? You should see one swim along side your boat so close you can reach out and touch it and then take notice that it's as long as your boat is. It's also nice to think about those guys swimming with you in the river. ;-)

2/13/2008 02:47:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations to you ALL!!!
Susan

2/13/2008 05:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning KC,

I thought I would warn you ahead of time that you got to work a little harder cause your beloved wife is gona hit you up for a big loan to overhaul every thing in ya'll's house !

I can tell by all them sweet and mushey words that She wrote over on her other blogsite ?

Blessings and that is the least I could do ?

grandpa.

2/13/2008 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Ms. Susan! ;-)

I saw that too Bro. Ron. Something sure must be up, huh?
;-)

2/14/2008 03:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations papu! another blessing! happy valentine's day! =D

2/15/2008 03:57:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks so much sweet Pia! May God continue to comfort and encourage you dearest one.

2/16/2008 01:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment