Home
« Home | Next: A Request »
| Next: Paying the Rent »
| Next: Rightly Dividing »
| Next: Can you tell? »
| Next: Are you responsible for the invisible Church? »
| Next: Something Special... »
| Next: Would you pray? »
| Next: Praise God! »
| Next: Get Service »
| Next: What are your credentials? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Circus Comes to Town

The Circus came to Bloggerville this week. The friendly folks at Google provided the Big Top and a new ringmaster opened up shows in three rings. The big show was set in the center ring where what appeared to be a roaring lion was strutting about masquerading as a sheep. The Ringmaster stood by as the lion tried to devour sheep with streams and reams of copied text and links. He tore at them with insults and threats and tried to shred their every word. When he was finally unable to consume anyone he promised to stalk them until he had fully devoured each one!

There were clowns, of course, there always are, and even a lion tamer or two. I hope these lion tamers ignored the lion because they have finally figured out what eventually becomes evident to everyone. The only way to deal with this type of lion is to ignore him.

The Ringmaster suddenly ended the big show when the lion became drunk with blood lust. In his closing remarks he concluded that there is a certain group of sheep that, “…is going to greatly diminish (or it will correct its error and join back with us.”

Personally I’ve decided I’ll never run away with the circus.

17 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

KC, I have decided the same thing. I keep thinking that I can keep above the fray on the flying trapeze, swooping in periodically with a few flips, but amidst the lion's rampage I often lose concentration and fall from my perch. I thank God for my safety net!

I still made another attempt today, brother. And here I find the net's still working. ;)

4/25/2009 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hang in there Sis. There are some wonderful brethren on both sides of the fence in this mess and they’ll still be there when the waters settle.

BTW I’m thankful you were able to at least make your point, even though you never were answered.

4/25/2009 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger Peggie said...

KC _ Thanks for this post. It saddens me and amazes me!
I still believe the very same thing I believed before this
started. Do you think anyone has changed their minds
about what the Gospel is?

“I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He
is able to keep what I have committed to Him unil that Day.”

4/26/2009 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hi Peggie and welcome!

It seems to me that everyone is in full agreement on the content of the Gospel message. This whole dispute should never have been anything more than a debate over soteriology.

4/26/2009 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

KC, I think I understand what you are saying! (surprise!) Everyone in this debate believes in Jesus and his works, and the discussion was initially what exactly it is about that Gospel (story of Jesus) saves the hearer. It sounds like a healthy meditation. Why do you think it did not turn out to be so?

4/26/2009 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Missy I'm afraid that sometimes we esteem our theology so that it becomes on par with the scripture. At that point it becomes impossible for us to distinguish between "Thus saith the LORD" and "What the scripture means is this...".

4/26/2009 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like I missed quite a battle.


Awesome...
: )

4/26/2009 04:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Brother it's never too late for a good dose of Dorsism! ;-)

4/26/2009 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Point #35: Don't cast your pearls before swine, unless you've got a hot smoker, a batch of dry rub and a sharp knife.

You continue to inspire me.

4/26/2009 04:54:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

To see both of you speak in one day is overwhelming...

Sorry, I needed a moment.

4/26/2009 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Missy, just a little Pepto-Bismal and you'll be like new in no time!

4/26/2009 05:16:00 PM  
Anonymous ron said...

Hello again Bro.,

I'm certainly glad you got the rent caught up? Good to see a little inspiration over here again ? Missed you ! I have discovered that you have to install your own trapeze while floating around in todays world with all the deception's that creep into our minds on a daily basis ! I have always enjoyed the discussions when I drop by for a visit ?

Blessings my Bro.
Great Grand-Pappy-Ron.
Ps Good to have a cup of coffee with - Missy-Dorsey-and Mrs. Peggy and you ?

4/27/2009 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks dear Brother. It's always a special treat for me when you stop by! ;-)

4/27/2009 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Hi KC!!!!
I wondered where KC's comment about the circus came from. I looked and looked for it on Antonio's blog and couldn't figure that out. Now I see the KC blog is active again. Oh goody!!!

I watched the circus. I didn't see a lion where you did, though... I thought it looked more like a CLOWN.

'Pennywise' the clown.

4/29/2009 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hey Dear Rose!

The lion has proved he has claws and teeth and I just can't see anything funny about what he's doing.

4/29/2009 09:50:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Hi KC,
You must not have ever seen Stephen King's "IT"

OTOH, if I didn't laugh I'd cry.

4/29/2009 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

I do understand. This whole mess should have never been.

4/29/2009 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment