Home
« Home | Next: Ultrapsychology – Our new state religion? »
| Next: Stuck in the middle again »
| Next: Life with a twist »
| Next: Trust and Communication »
| Next: What do you expect? »
| Next: I Need You »
| Next: I don't know what to do »
| Next: Idea (Judgment) #3 What are we missing here? »
| Next: Idea (judgment) #2 A Souleopathic Medical Dictionary »
| Next: Around Town.... »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Thursday, June 09, 2005

Forgive me


What I by reason declare mysterious is often those things God has yet to reveal in my heart. My knowledge of Jesus as Christ was not discerned in my mind but revealed to my heart. I then attempted to assign reason to that knowledge and strived to force completion to a work in progress by logical conclusion based on an, at least partially, assumed set of rules. When my conclusion satisfied my current experience I then foolishly declared my understanding full and closed my heart to any further revelation. To insure my ignorance I protected my heart from any further truth with my proud closed mind then condemned all and any who might indicate to me my folly. I called my own brother a fool. Forgive me brother for I am the fool. My logic and suspicion of truth is not scripture nor is it that knowledge by revelation we both need. Forgive me dear God for closing my ears and rejecting your voice. Open my mind once more that the writing of your word on my heart might continue.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

Been there myself.

6/09/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger sofyst said...

Amazing...I like that insight. I empathize and understand completely, as I have likewise felt the same, and done the same.

I did want to apologize and affirm that you have not been no help (the use of a double negative was intentional to say you have been help). I have not addressed each and every issue that has been given as it is very difficult to do so. I have attempted to understand this issue and it is proving too much. I do like the help that is being given, but I am attempting to formulate my response so as to address all points given.

I hope you will 'forgive me'...for not showing the attention you deserve...

awaiting the hope,
Adam

6/09/2005 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Hugo said...

I concur with Neal - beautiful - may your eyes be opened, your heart unfurled, your spirit unleashed, your soul unbound, and your mind and will pliant before the living God.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

6/10/2005 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

I feel so unworthy of my association with each of you and I pray that one day I could be even a tenth the blessing to you all that you are all to me. Thank you my brothers.

6/11/2005 07:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

kc,
I covet your humility, you are a blessing to the church.

6/13/2005 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Brotherly love gives us the most incredible perspectives. As I look at each comment here I see in each ten times what you’ve said to me. Neal has the most beautiful blog filled with his visions for the church. Pecheur it seems though were often apart now we’ve still both been there. Matt your impact on my life and me is nothing less than profound and I am convinced on so many others as well. Adam I deserve nothing from you yet you obligate yourself to such a foolish old man. I need your forgiveness. Hugo I know so many of our prayers for one another have already been answered in so many ways. Thank you so much for this one. Kris you have absolutely no reason to covet me in any way. Your agreeable nature is indicative of the greatest humility.

6/13/2005 03:02:00 PM  
Blogger Hugo said...

The feelings' mutual - let's continue to pray for one another, help each other bear one another's burdens, and be sxample to each otehr of Christ-like love.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

6/14/2005 08:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment