Home
« Home | Next: I don't know what to do »
| Next: Idea (Judgment) #3 What are we missing here? »
| Next: Idea (judgment) #2 A Souleopathic Medical Dictionary »
| Next: Around Town.... »
| Next: Overexposed »
| Next: How do you spell relief.... »
| Next: Christian Unity »
| Next: Christian Pride? »
| Next: The Hardest Thing I Never Learned »
| Next: A Few More Things...... »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, May 16, 2005

I Need You


Have you ever made a statement that you are certain is true but sounds much worse than you know it is? I made one again recently and each time I make it I wish I had 15 minutes (or 15 pages) to explain why I believe it’s true and why it’s not as harsh as it sounds. “I’m not responsible for what you believe”. There, I made it again. That sounds awful for a believer to say doesn’t it? It sounds like “I don’t care what you believe” but in truth what I’m saying is “you, and only you, are responsible for what you believe”. It really does matter to me what you believe. It’s so important to me that if we don’t agree about something I will discuss it with you day and night until you show me where I’m mistaken, and yet still, I am responsible for what I accept as true and you are responsible for what you believe. Is my understanding always right? I wish! The truth is I need your perspective and understanding and it might just be that you need mine too. ;-)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

Good Thought. Sorry about the short time the other night. I'll make it up to you.

5/16/2005 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

It seemed short to me too but I was "informed" it was nearly an hour :-) I guess the important thing is that next time you'll be ready for the FBI! :-o

5/17/2005 03:16:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

I am just glad you were there to get me out of that mess with the FBI. It is great to have friends in the "business" sort of to speak. I hope this does not blow your cover and your current investigation into, shall we say, terrestrial moving events. Who was that Black guy anyway?

5/17/2005 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

All the time! Thank you for putting words something I think about alot of the time.

And I also want to inform you that you are very first person who has made a comment on my "dismal" attempt at blogging. I'm not sure what the grand prize is for being the first. Although I can say its very exciting to know someone actually took the time to read something I wrote and made a comment. Thank you

5/19/2005 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pech this might give you more information.

Kris I think you have the makings of a great site. I appreciate the return visit and I'll look forward to reading more of your offerings. :-)

5/19/2005 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Hugo said...

I like your conclusion / attitude on this post - we need to give new Christians tools & prayer to learn their faith, but at some point everyone has to take responsibility for their own faith growth.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

5/20/2005 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Hugo and I totally agree with the concept tools and support. I had to make a long trip to get to this one and it's encouraging to know we agree.

5/21/2005 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Hugo said...

Glad I could apply my $0.02. :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

5/30/2005 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment