Home
« Home | Next: The Bronze Rule »
| Next: Faith and knowledge »
| Next: A few more things »
| Next: 1000 Words »
| Next: Cross and Sword »
| Next: Fini! »
| Next: I had to try »
| Next: Want a peek at my mail? »
| Next: Faith and logic »
| Next: How big is the truth? »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, November 18, 2005

Darkness


They always love the darkness
so much more than light
they do their deeds in secret
often late at night
To see their true reflection
is more than they can bear
and once they've been uncovered
they often scream and swear
They blame the ones who love them
the ones who show them care
and ruthlessly destroy
to sooth their own despair
They seek to find a method
to justify their means
and never can consider
it's passed on through the genes
Though light shines all around them
the darkness they will seek
to use and then destroy
the helpless and the meek

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Curious Servant said...

Very nice

11/18/2005 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks CS. We're going to be with you in prayer tomorrow.

11/18/2005 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger forgiven said...

Nice writing but sad, Because I have so many I'm praying for that are lost

Thank You

11/19/2005 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thank you Forgiven and I will join in that prayer. I intend to tell more about this poem in another post sometime.

11/19/2005 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

When they blame the ones that love them, sometimes I do not care.
And then I see myself and end up in despair.
I often then will wonder, why I should even pray.
And then my heart is uncovered because I once was they.

11/19/2005 08:48:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

K.C.,

But there is hope if someone like me can be convinced about the Light! If I were writing a poem about myself, I would have probably used darker imagery...

You should write another one with them both titled : Lost and Found in Two Parts, or some catchy phrase like that.

I have nearly been up 24 hours. I do not know what I am still doing up!

Goodnight

My Free Grace Theology Blog

Antonio

11/20/2005 01:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kris, that's a great last verse. Thanks for the verse and the visit. ;-)

Antonio, that's a good idea. I've wanted to close this poem many times and have several ideas but each time I go to add to it I feel prevented. I really appreciate the visit and I hope you'll be snoring for hours! ;-)

11/20/2005 04:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so sad. they need to lighten up. c",)

11/20/2005 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pia, "light"en up is the great hope isn't it? ;-)

11/21/2005 04:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment