Home
« Home | Next: I had to try »
| Next: Want a peek at my mail? »
| Next: Faith and logic »
| Next: How big is the truth? »
| Next: Responsibility »
| Next: Speak No Evil »
| Next: How can you believe that??? »
| Next: ROSES! for me? »
| Next: More time out, way out! »
| Next: Time out »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, November 12, 2005

Fini!

I’ve quite tinkering on the appearance of this blog for the moment. I’m sure I won’t be a better person for the effort, and doubtless there will be no awards, still it was an enjoyable diversion while I nurse the allergies, or whatever other ailment it is, that robs my otherwise peaceful slumber.

I would like to thank Pastor Timothy for inspiring the sub-title. I think it serves well to provide the hapless visitor with an indication of what one might expect to find during a visit here. It reminds me of a recent exchange I had with my scriptural attorney, who, by the way, I did my utmost to copy in style here, though not appearance.

Adam:

“KC!!! I never know how to discuss with you. You say you do not like philosophy, and I want to argue that any attempt at discussing or gaining knowledge is in reality a practice of philosophers, as I believe we all are philosophers (and thereby theologians), but I do not want to tell you this as I do not want to argue with you as you do not like to argue! LOL! You are a fickle person...”

Me:

“The sad truth is I do like philosophy and theology. I hate that I like it all so much. I really think both are quite personal and that the application of each is much more limited than we like to admit. Where we might quibble is in the definition of knowledge. I have what I call knowledge that is actually only my understanding based on my 90/10 rule. Then I have True Knowledge based on the Truth revealed in my heart by God. That is the only thing I really “know” in my heart to be true.”

I actually prefer the term weird to fickle but he’s right, of course. I suspect then that this defines the theme for this blog and further explains the pertinence of the quote from Pastor Timothy.

So now I’m off in search of more fine fickle fodder for family, foe and friend!

4 Comments:

Blogger sofyst said...

How about weird and fickle? What socially challenged insane person uses 'fickle' anyway? ;)

11/12/2005 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

I think fickle is a kewl word. It has rythem and meaning and provokes consideration. ;-)

11/12/2005 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

rythem? Did I type that?

11/12/2005 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

And I love being a smarty pants! (hehe, and you too of course)

11/12/2005 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment