Home
« Home | Next: Responsibility »
| Next: Speak No Evil »
| Next: How can you believe that??? »
| Next: ROSES! for me? »
| Next: More time out, way out! »
| Next: Time out »
| Next: I can’t believe you did that to me! »
| Next: Anger - Blessing or curse? »
| Next: You have no right to feel that way! »
| Next: Time out... »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How big is the truth?



Can you really see it all from where you're standing?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I sure hope not. If I could get my head around it, then it wouldn't be much of a truth. Trust me on this one.

Awesome picture, Kc. I can't remember where I read it, but there was a saint who prayed, "Lord, I do not ask for knowledge, nor wisdom, nor understanding. But only grant me the capacity to experience wonder." (my paraphrase)

11/09/2005 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I don't think so....otherwise, we'd all be God, and that would be some major chaos!!

11/09/2005 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

geez...it took me 4 tries to get that word verification thin!!!

11/09/2005 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger RF2R2 said...

Of course I can - I have eyes on the back of my head.

11/09/2005 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dorsey that ability to wonder seems critical to our faith. If we rule out everything we can't know then there's no need for faith.

Kristi I think you're absolutely right! (and I'm glad you stuck with it)

So Brandon you're the cause for the chaos around here! (grin)

11/09/2005 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Zeke said...

Kc, one of the greatest weaknesses in our culture of faith (as opposed to the real faith that knows it sees darkly) is the arrogance with which we claim to lay hold of the truth. And not just that there is the Truth, but that we know the truth about pretty much everything.

11/09/2005 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Zeke I say that we sometimes behave as though our part of the truth were the whole truth.

11/09/2005 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment