Home
« Home | Next: A few more things »
| Next: 1000 Words »
| Next: Cross and Sword »
| Next: Fini! »
| Next: I had to try »
| Next: Want a peek at my mail? »
| Next: Faith and logic »
| Next: How big is the truth? »
| Next: Responsibility »
| Next: Speak No Evil »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Faith and knowledge

One of the greatest blessings I’ve found in blogging is that of humility. If ever I think myself knowledgeable on any subject I am able to find my ignorance anew with just a few clicks of the mouse. While this has certainly helped me to keep my pride in check it has also served as a source for an even greater blessing. If I take the time to pursue the understanding of those far more knowledgeable than myself eventually I find that theirs is like my own in that so much of it is totally dependant on what they choose to believe.

At this point I’m tempted to take the long route of explaining all of the implications I see that this makes on worldly knowledge but I’ll leave that for you to consider dear friend. I will only offer scripture that clearly illustrates my conclusion.

Hebrews 11

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)

Odd isn’t it? So many times we complain, “it’s not what you know but WHO you know” but in this case, well, I think you see my point. As believers there are three things we possess that should be nurtured, protected and cared for, yet even two of these are temporal and none of them is knowledge. Our faith in God as our all-in-all gives us the hope we must have to be able to love without hypocrisy. That love is the only thing eternal. Having this understanding then perhaps I can learn to use what limited knowledge I have to love more perfectly.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

Definitely agree with you about the blogging-humility thing. There's always room for improvement in learning, and communicating that knowledge.

I love all the little changes you have made! And thanks for the plug in the previous post! =)

11/16/2005 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Agreed.

But here is the interesting point. Even when we really know about something... Even when WE are the expert... it all means nothing. Human knowledge is such posturing bravado. And knowledge is just stuff of the human mind, rants of an intellectual wind that tries to fill a void in ourselves that only He can fill.

The best things that I have learned are not of the mind, but of the heart.

11/16/2005 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kristi thanks very much and I'm happy to be able to give your site a thumbs-up. ;-)

CS I think you've really nailed it shut. So much of what we do is in an effort to fill that void and none of it ever works. Great thoughts.

11/16/2005 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

well said!

11/16/2005 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Nunzia good to see you and thanks!

11/16/2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jeff great thoughts as always and welcome back. It's great to see demeging back up and running. ;-)

11/16/2005 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger sofyst said...

Sorry I have not been around much lately. I have been busy (of my own choice albeit) working on my site.

BUT!

I would love for you to go here:

sofyst.net/forum

and start one of your discussions.

11/17/2005 09:22:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Adam all is forgiven and your work is really paying off. I've been watching your progress and I'll be there with bells on.

(Kristi I think I made it in under the radar! hehe)

11/17/2005 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

he he. looks like it... I guess he'll never know...

11/17/2005 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment