Home
« Home | Next: Faith and Forgiveness: Part VI – Conclusion »
| Next: Faith and Forgiveness: Part V – Misconceptions »
| Next: Faith and forgiveness: Part IV – Understanding »
| Next: Faith and Forgiveness: an aside »
| Next: Faith and Forgiveness: Part III – Transgression, T... »
| Next: Faith and Forgiveness: Part II - Terms »
| Next: "I Love You" »
| Next: Faith and Forgiveness: Part I »
| Next: Faith and Thoughts »
| Next: The Protestant Pub »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Few Things…

Recently Kristi commented on a few of the minor changes I’ve made to the appearance of my blog and I wanted to explain a couple of things. I read an article that stated part of the agreement with Blogger for hosting was that the Blogger bar and button should remain on the page. I read the agreement and couldn’t convince myself it didn’t say that so I added it back, after all isn’t this a great service and what’s a little promo anyway? I had taken mine off some time ago because it just seemed to detract from the page. When I added it back I noticed the new search option and saw I could even search just my own articles! What a kewl idea! One thing led to another and I realized I could easily setup something similar to Word Press categories using the Blogger search feature. After a few test searches I came up with what I call my “Topics” list and added it to my right side bar. Topics are so much easier to deal with than categories because all I have to do is establish the search criteria and do the search one time. I then post the link to the first results page as a topic and Blogger search automatically categorizes my post, past present and future! How kewl is that? I don’t have to decide what articles go in what category the Blogger search takes care of that for me automatically and returns a fresh listing sorted by relevance each time. I think I’m much happier with topics than I could ever be with categories and if I ever need a new topic I only need to do a search and post the link. Great!

While I was editing I wanted to try and pull my theme together a little more. I was inspired by some really beautiful work done by some of my blogger sisters. Rose is a graphic artist and her talent is evident on her Reasoning’s site. The Korner where I hang out a lot has recently gone through a custom redevelopment that is awesome! Cinder Tales has a beautiful new look that’s honestly very tempting and Pia has a look that suits her to a “T”. Jayne has a new look that reflects her committed attitude and she’s recently made mention that Corry’s place is suspiciously similar to the one you’re currently reading. Okay, I’ll admit I set her up but she’s already making it more "Corry-ish" (plus I got a thousand hubby points).

Finally I want to point out I’ve added several new links under my “Other Opinions” item and they’re all great reads! One I would like to personally ask you to stop by and leave your thoughts on is “JP’s Mind”. He’s currently writing a series on Pride and humility that’s insightful and quite in depth. (Be sure to tell him Kc sent you. I collect good brother points too hehe) ;-)

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

That topics option you figured out sounds pretty cool! And thanks for the promo!

3/16/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Ahh, I see the spirit of capitalism and free marketing has entered the blog realm as well. :) Good job!

3/16/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I actually think the Navbar looks cool.

I am glad you put it back on.

I am personally very grateful to blogger for hosting my blogs for free. I would buy those guys a drink if I ever met them in a pub.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

3/16/2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kristi it really overcomes one of the few reasons to even consider going to that other site. ;-)

Jayne, gee you're swell! I'll kick back some sis points too. ;-)

Jim, I haven't figured out how we're going to redeem the points yet but the economy is flourishing! ;-)

Matthew I'm glad too. Maybe we should award them some points somehow? ;-)

3/16/2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Hey, KC,
I didn't even realize that we were supposed to keep that at the top. I wonder what else I've agreed to?
I don't know how to put it back on. The base template that I started with didn't have it.
Thanks for the compliment and the spot!

3/16/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Oh, you have a new photo of Casey! I can actually see that one! You look as kind as you blog. But what are you looking at? Is there a frog in the reeds?

3/16/2006 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Rose I'm not positive it's in the agreement but I can't convince myself it's not. If you want to add it back let me know. ;-)

My eldest snapped that while I was playing my guitar. As for kind, well, I'm quickly becoming a gruppy old man. Just ask Corry. ;-)

3/16/2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

You are by no means old! And not grumpy either ( noticed how I just corrected your typo? hehe)

Does that give me some wife-points now? (grin)

God's Grace.

3/16/2006 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Yes loved one you earned many points for your kindness now c'mer. ;-)

3/16/2006 08:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know how to put that search bar back. i don't mind having that on my blog but when i changed template, it didn't show anymore.

just because...i'll give you a gazillion papu points! =)

3/16/2006 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I would like to call all of you guys & gals, GEEKS, for knowing how to do this stuff....................but that would only confirm and show my extreme jealousy of you all for knowing how this stuff works anyway.

Maybe I should hire a website administrator/designer for my site, then I could have a cool, neat, dynomite looking home...........ok maybe not. :)

A joke for ya---
A couple had two little mischievous boys, ages 8 and 10. They were always getting into trouble, and their parents knew that if any mischief occurred in their town, their sons would get the blame.

The boys' mother heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys. The clergyman agreed and asked to see them individually.

So, the mother sent her 8-year-old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the clergyman in the afternoon.

The clergyman, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God?"

They boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there with his mouth hanging open.

The clergyman repeated the question. "Where is God?"

Again, the boy made no attempt to answer.

So, the clergyman raised his voice some more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "Where is God!?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room. He ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him.

When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied: "We are in real BIG trouble this time! God is missing, and they think we did it!"

3/16/2006 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Hey Kc, your "Topics" list is soooo very cool. Can you teach me how to set it up, and how to add it to the right side bar? Exactly how do you establish search criteria?

Pardon my ignorance, but it sounds kind of complicated to me. Yet I really want to have this function on my blog too ;)

3/16/2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pia if I didn't enjoy it so much I would go ahead and retire on those papu points! I love you little one. ;-)

Kris I hope everyone is able to find Him! ;-)

Now brother if you ever want me to do anything all you have to do is say so.

Kitty I will try to do a post on it and include some screen shots. But for anyone if you'd like me to setup your code just Email me a list of Topics and their associated keywords and I will send you the code to put in your sidebar. ;-)

3/17/2006 05:37:00 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Hey there Kc,

I'm so glad you posted this...I just happen to notice that when I switched to my new "look" that I lost my Blogger button, so I have now put that back on!

We'll talk to you later...God bless!

3/17/2006 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Kris' joke is sooooo funny =P

3/18/2006 06:07:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the nuts and bolts post, Kc :)

3/22/2006 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hi Cinder! If Jodie hadn't commented I would have missed you and Audrey. Blogger idn't notify me. :-(

I'm afraid I might have sounded condemning about the blogger items but it really was just an explanation. ;-)

Audrey, Kris is a certified nut and that is one reason I associate so closely with him. (hehe)

Honestly he is a wonderful brother just as you are a wonderful sister. ;-)

Jodie! Thanks for taking the time to read these little notes. I really should have mentioned how great your site looks too but I'm planning to promote your place a bit in the near future. ;-)

3/22/2006 04:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment