Home
« Home | Next: In reply… »
| Next: A few things… »
| Next: Church Discipline – Hypocrisy, Apostasy and the Ge... »
| Next: So I’m thinking… »
| Next: Church Discipline – One or two witnesses, those wh... »
| Next: A few things… »
| Next: The Story »
| Next: The fellowship of believers »
| Next: Church Discipline – The Confrontation »
| Next: A Few Things... »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So I’m thinking…

Once more I’ve been provoked to consider this tool we call a blog and how best to use it to Glorify God. I’ve noticed that blogs are as individual as the people who write them and while most have common elements it seems that each has a more specific purpose.



Some give inspiration, some admonition. Some examine various doctrines while others provoke worship. Some appear to exist for the sole purpose of much disputing and all seem to include an occasional rant. Some seem focused on journaling and relating life struggles. It seems there’s room for each and each meets the various needs of some. Is all of this a manifestation of the different members? I’m thinking there may be numerous “best ways” to use this powerful tool.

Edit: I was just made aware that my settings had changed so that only team members could comment here. I suppose I'm exclusive in some things but honestly I would never go so far as to only allow myself to comment! I apologize to anyone who tried to comment. ;-)

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

Blogs are simply the newest way people have of expressing themselves and their opinions. In that expression the God-given uniqueness that each of us has is bound to come out. I believe that each of us can benefit from sharing of ourselves as well as reading what God is doing in the lives of others.

4/25/2006 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Well said Gordon. I've also noticed that blogs seem to function as a "great equalizer" in communication. Station and status seem to have little value and each individual has the same potential of being heard. Each ideology is evaluated more on its own merit than on the merit of the individual. I suppose that could have a negative consequence but my experience has been the opposite. Those who think they have all the answers are really "put to the test", so to speak. Just "because it is "I" who says so" has little value here.

4/25/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Blogs are wonderful.

4/25/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Blogs are great, and so are you Kc. I have been blessed time and time again by your blog brother.

4/25/2006 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger sofyst said...

Blogs are poo!

LONG LIVE THE POO!!!

You might like Hugh Hewitt's book, 'BLOG' (or 'BLOGS'). It was grand. It talked about how the blogs are entering into our world and taking over the information and news arena as the printing press took it over before. Just as the printing press took away the power of the church to supress the people by withholding the valuable resource of the Scripturs, so the blogs are taking over the power of the Mass MultiMedia Sources that have withheld the news from the common person. No longer is the freedom of speech solely in the hands of the behemoths we call ABC, NBC or CBS, this freedom is enjoyed by the little east texas psycho...

awaiting the hope,
Adam (the east texas psycho)

4/25/2006 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matthew we agree. ;-)

Kitty I must say the feeling is 100% mutual. The paryers we share, our common hope and your unique qualities are a constant source of blessing for me. Thank you dear sister. ;-)

Adam my main man! You've been so quiet here I was starting to worry!

I was thinking of the same analogy recently and how blogs seemed to have had a similar to that of the printing press. I can't help but expect to see some sort of similarity in the consequence. I hope I'm not disappointed! I'm do not, however, expect poohfection (hehe). ;-)

4/25/2006 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

The blog is such an interesting and useful (usually) phenomenon. I say usually, because you have to be careful in clicking on "next blog"... something akin to "blog roulette". hmmmm.

All in all, it's a creative outlet, and I, for one, have certainly expanded my horizons and circle of acquaintances in a positive way by the reading and perusing of many blogs.

Generally enriching. Thank you (all) for your part(s) in it.

4/25/2006 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Ah, yes. That's better!

I love blogs, blogging and bloggers.

I have not had so much fun,inspirationand challenge in years.

4/26/2006 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Hello. Blogs are great. Mine is just quiet right now! =) I love that little picture collage thing you did. Very Cool.

4/26/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Karen I think our experience is very similar and I share in your gratitude as well. I am truly blessed by my brethren here, not the least of which is you. ;-)

Jayne have you found Mickey's blog yet? (hehe) It's almost time! (Love you sis!) ;-)

Joe I'm so sorry about your previous visit but thanks for the second effort! I think sometimes I have too much fun here (grin) but like you I too am constantly challenged in a very good way.

Kristi I guess we all need a breather now and then. You like the pic? It's yours! (only one more week yeah!!!) ;-)

4/26/2006 08:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogging is one of my ways to relieve stress, it's therapeutic for me. it's one great tool to express oneself and a great way to win new friends too.

nice collage. =)

4/26/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I agree with Pia :)

4/27/2006 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

And I agree too and I'm so thankful to claim you two as a huge part of all that. ;-)

4/28/2006 06:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes blogs are a great way to communicate and express your views but I am sadden by the way we speak in these comments. We say things that are not uplifting and that we wouldn't say to someone's face let a lone in front of Jesus. Christians writing to other Christians in rude manners. True?

4/28/2006 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment