Home
« Home | Next: Why do you believe that? »
| Next: Catching up - Tagged! »
| Next: A Few Things - Signs of Life »
| Next: Praise God! »
| Next: Eternal Life »
| Next: Age has its virtue »
| Next: Wonderful People »
| Next: BBS (be back soon!) »
| Next: Let us never forget... »
| Next: An Important Distinction »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Sunday, October 29, 2006

Love’s Limits – Life’s Constant Multiple Choice

Love means there’s no limit I won’t go to in order to please

A. myself
B. God
C. others

Love means there’s no limit I won’t got to in order to do

A. what others need me to do
B. what God wants me to do
C. A & B (or
A is B?)

Love means there’s no limit I won’t go to in order to prove I’m right

A. to others
B. about others
C. before God for Christ’ sake

God set no limit to His love for us, even in sparing not His only begotten Son. The options listed for each of the items above illustrate some of the typical attitudes that we confront in ourselves daily. Are we really predisposed to gravitate toward one option more so than another? I would say most definitely but does that necessarily mean that we must act as we are predisposed to do?

I am persuaded, as scripture declares, that God has established our boundaries. I am also persuaded that within those boundaries are choices He sets before us. We must all accept the limits that God has established. We have no choice in that. Our predispositions, our weaknesses and tendencies all work against us but within those limits we must still find love’s boundaries and through faith seek the grace necessary to insure that we stay within them. This is the narrow way and we must find it ourselves. God will not force it upon us. Once we find that way we must set no limit to our efforts to remain on the path, knowing that few ever do.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent... in my heart, I long to love they way God loves me. It's not that I try... it's a sincere desire of my heart, but I fear that I don't achieve that 100% of the time.

But I will admit... I'm learning and growing.

Your post this morning is a reminder to give love without reservation. To love as God loves... may I be one of the "few."

10/29/2006 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Amen Ken! I am reminded of Paul's fear of being a castaway. May God grant us the grace to stay in the way.

10/31/2006 04:39:00 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow this is a wonderful post, I am so glad I stopped by, I will be back!

11/02/2006 01:40:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

LLL thanks and it's so good to see your comment! Please do return. ;-)

11/02/2006 04:11:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

morning KC,


our friend True Servants has posted a very good post, over that his blog!

have a great day!

11/02/2006 07:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC, this is a very challenging and thought-provoking post. I fear that too often we try to define love by what makes us feel good about ourselves.

Jesus kinda set the standard for love though, didn't he?

Thanks for sharing this.

11/02/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I like Brian, am too humbled to comment on this post.

(wait a minute - didn't I just comment?)

11/02/2006 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Hello, bro. Good thoughts. Does love start with the act of loving or does the act of loving start with love? hehehe

11/02/2006 04:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jel, it's really god to see Ron posting again isn't it? ;-)

Gordon, "No greater love" rings in mind ears constantly.

Yes Rose, you did! (And thanks;-)

Kris my main man! Tell it all brother! It's so good to see your comment and I hope all is going well. How about a little update?

11/02/2006 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment