Home
« Home | Next: The 90/10 Rule »
| Next: Focus! »
| Next: Keep the Faith »
| Next: I've Been On the Mountain..... »
| Next: The Common Thread »
| Next: Is it a Lust for Power? »
| Next: Responsibility, Accountability, and Rights »
| Next: A Few Things.. »
| Next: Applied Theology »
| Next: Hmmmmmm....... »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, April 20, 2005

For you


This is for my beloved friends who fight the good fight.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.


We are all constantly exposed to those who would rob us of our joy. I pray that His Love will fill your heart and bless your soul and that you will be both strengthened and encouraged.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

Great devotion

4/21/2005 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

This always helps me purge.

4/21/2005 04:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matt I was so moved by your comment I have waited until now to respond. There is so much in the few words you wrote here. I have been considering a fresh post to cover all the things that have gone through my mind since I read this but I decided it would be so out of context.

You reveal so much of yourself in this comment, the things that should identify us to the world. You accept the task of fighting in the high places where the principalities and powers that govern are an affliction to your soul. Your faith seems to thrive with only small morsels of Love to sustain it. I offered this post with a deep desire to encourage you especially and now it seems I am the one to be encouraged by you. I have tried in vain for years to define what you do as “care”. Your care is only a consequence of what you really do. You Love this poor atheist, and I am persuaded all others as well. You well know I am not praising you rather praising the Creator because of you, you and all those who fight the good fight.

4/24/2005 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Kc,

Your last comment about defining "care" came to me yesterday in the dental chair.

5/10/2005 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment