Home
« Home | Next: Were you aware of this? »
| Next: One percent more »
| Next: Let's be reasonable »
| Next: I simply can't believe my own theology! »
| Next: What makes a "good" blog? »
| Next: And Even More Things »
| Next: Deja Vu all over again »
| Next: Forgive me »
| Next: Ultrapsychology – Our new state religion? »
| Next: Stuck in the middle again »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Tuesday, June 28, 2005

An old poem


T’was early in the morning
Toward the middle of the night
When two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced one another
Drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman, hearing the noise
Came and killed those two dead boys
If you don’t believe my story’s true
Just ask the blindman, he saw it too


We used to beg Mom to tell us this poem when we were little. I remember we laughed each time as if it were the first. Once when I was very small, maybe four or five, I realized that if all people die then Mom would die too. I was riding by myself in a car with her and just started sobbing horribly. This really shook her up and she asked what was wrong. She nearly stopped the car before she was able to drag it out of me. When I told her she smiled and assured me that I had no reason at all to even think about that now. I decided to let those words suffice because I really couldn’t bear the pain that came with the thought of her death.

My younger brother and I were always the two dead boys when she told the poem. She would poke us and smile as she said that part and I guess we giggled hardest at that. This year one of those boys went to be with Mom and the other one is missing them both. They can’t come to me but I can go to them. I can hear Mom say there’s no reason at all to even think about that now, but I do.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Pecheur said...

I think seeing everyone again will be what makes heaven great. I can't wait. And somehow I do hope they can see us and know we are thinking about them.

6/28/2005 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger sofyst said...

I'm so sorry my friend...I had no idea. Any amount of prayer that I can offer for you will be offered...

6/28/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks you guys. Mom’s been gone 10 years in October. Danny died sometime after New Years. He had been very sick for years. I suspect these things make it easier to let go when it’s time. I can’t imagine where I would be without that blessed hope I have in Jesus.

6/29/2005 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger Neal said...

I pray that God will soften the pain in your heart and use you as an instrument to help heal others' grief.

6/29/2005 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thank you Neal, for the prayer and the perspective.

6/29/2005 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Matt I wasn’t aware of your struggle and I pray you will be strengthened and encouraged soon.

7/01/2005 01:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment