Home
« Home | Next: A prophetic artist »
| Next: A Call to Cincinnati »
| Next: What you probably won't hear »
| Next: Purpose driven or pointless? »
| Next: My Final Post »
| Next: Caught in Katrina »
| Next: Another gospel »
| Next: My complete soteriology is that... »
| Next: Listen to this! »
| Next: There's a difference.... »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, September 03, 2005

There's your world and my world

In my world we’re recovering from what could possibly be the worst natural disaster to strike the U. S. in history.

In your world the price of Gas has gone up and your regular programming is interrupted occasionally.

In my world our leaders have leveraged practically every resource available to insure we have much more than just food and water. We’ve got phones,. internet access, electricity, and every comfort you have with the possible exception of cable television.

In your world those services were never interrupted.

In my world our local television station is broadcasting continuous information including live on site interviews and stories of the amazing rescue and recovery effort underway from Fort Walton to New Orleans.

In your world the national media is broadcasting that a crime in New Orleans was caused by the Federal Governments failure to respond to victims of Katrina as if New Orleans didn’t already have a crime rate ten times the national average.

In my world I’m talking to people who are glad to be alive and amazed at how quickly services and utilities are being restored even to the hardest hit areas.

In your world the situation is getting worse.

In my world we’re opening our arms and our homes to our fellow man. We’re praying for the few less fortunate than ourselves and giving thanks for the leadership of our elected officials and the efforts of those who have yet to sleep for more than an hour or two.

In your world everyone is a victim of the Federal Government, not Katrina and you’re praying we’ll be rescued from the government, not the gulf.

In my world our local stations allow the network to broadcast the special reports and nightly news that you see so I get a glimpse of what your world is shown.

In your world your local stations allow the network to broadcast the special reports and nightly news that you see so you don’t even get a glimpse of what is really happening in my world.

In my world we wonder how anyone could pull things together in the midst of the destruction surrounding us and think surely His hand must be in it.

In your world the government should be nothing less than omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.

In my world we’re praying this effort will continue through the reconstruction process.

In your world you’re praying the process will be deconstructed.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Hugo said...

Thanks for this sobering and right-on-the-mark thought - it brings a wonderful persepctive to someone (me!) who's only seen this on the news. Many, many prayers for you and for everyone else caught up in this experience.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

9/04/2005 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hugo thanks for voicing your appreciation. CBS is the only national media I’ve been able to watch and if their reporting is typical of what the nation is seeing on all the networks then there’s no way other than this to get the truth out. I can tell my part of what is happening here but our local CBS affiliate (may God bless them!) has done an unbelievable job! They’ve had reporters stationed all over the Gulf coast, including New Orleans and Baton Rouge, broadcasting 24/7 since before Katrina hit. We watched them through and since the hurricane on a 2” portable. They’ve shot some amazing footage and done some insightful interviews but not one made the CBS news. I am struggling to accept an inescapable conclusion. It’s just too obvious CBS has an agenda and it’s not to present the news. I pray there is at least one network that is attempting to.

Not1jot welcome and thanks for your support. I have no choice but to agree with you. I’ve suspected much, being a suspicious person, but now I have it first hand, at least where CBS is concerned. How can we bring these people into accountability?

9/05/2005 03:53:00 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

KC,

Man, what a post! I will do the same as not1jot; in fact, if more of us do that, maybe we can help put a truer face of the situation out there. Gotta run out, but I will do that when I return.

God Bless you, KC, and please let me know what I can do to help.

9/05/2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Great post kc!
The national media by and large IS this world system. Blame, blame, and more blame instead of looking to our Creator. I am not making light of those caught up in the failures of a "slow" response in New Orleans. Like you my heart hurts for those in need. My heart is hurting even more at what we are doing to each other.

Can we even think of what the chaos will be like at the end of the age for this world system?

9/06/2005 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

A very eye-opening post, Kc. I claimed II Corinthians 7:5-6 during 9-11, and I think it would be appropriate for all those going through this Katrina situation: "...without were fightings; within were fears. Nevertheless, GOD..."

9/06/2005 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Everyone thanks so much for the prayers, encouragement and support. Honestly it’s amazing how God has used this to move the hearts of His people yet at the same time I’m amazed at how quickly the world is turned away trying to find a way to prevent such things from happening. Friends these things happen and I am so thankful to live in a country where so much can be done so quickly to help relieve suffering and restore those who’ve suffered great loss.

We’re on the coast of Alabama only about 20 miles inland from the barrier islands but above the coastal flood plain. About 10 miles south of us on the coast is the town of Bayou La Batre. You may have seen it on the news. It was all but demolished by the storm surge. Most of our coastal communities suffered the same fate. We’re also about 20 miles east of the Mississippi State Line. I will try to write on this storm next since it’s so fresh in our minds.

Those who suffer most have lost loved ones and I know only God can comfort them. Most of us that remain can only be so very thankful. God is truly gracious and merciful.

9/06/2005 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Mainstream media...Grr!

Good post and thanks!

9/08/2005 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Everyone who commented is right, this is a great post.

9/09/2005 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Joe, GRRRRR is right! Thanks for the visit and support. ;-)

Well Woman thanks you so much for the visit and the encouragement. ;-)

9/10/2005 05:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Cynthia said...

"In your world the national media is broadcasting that a crime in New Orleans was caused by the Federal Governments failure to respond to victims of Katrina as if New Orleans didn’t already have a crime rate ten times the national average."

Though it is going on six years later, I am reading your post for the first time...
If you would, Please explain the quote (above) that I've singled out from your blog. Before I jump to any conclusions, I would like to know exactly what you meant when writing it.

Thanks

2/06/2011 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment