Home
« Home | Next: My Ignorance »
| Next: The Slow Down »
| Next: Why do you say that? »
| Next: On My First Day »
| Next: Be Resolved »
| Next: Thank You »
| Next: A Request »
| Next: How could you possibly know? »
| Next: The Christ »
| Next: Grateful »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, January 16, 2006

Catching Up

It is a great blessing to be able to share with you here as God works in each of our lives. I am able to both witness and testify of God’s great love, mercy and providence and your faith, support and love shines through even on the darkest days. I am so grateful for your prayers. Corry and I are making a valiant effort, if I do say so myself, to try and regain some of the ground we’ve lost while we being sick. I’m still concerned for Corry and she may have to go back to the doctor today if she’s not better.

It may be a few days or more before I’m back to abnormal but for some time now I have wanted to point out a wonderful sudy here that is a great blessing to me. One of our dear ones has a great desire to grow closer to God and He has blessed many of us in her efforts to do so. Jayne joined an online study that is devoted to reading the full text of the bible over the next year and many of us were inspired by her to do likewise. You can find all of the facts about the study plan here and may wish to join in as well.

The study is itself a great blessing but Jayne has gone the extra mile and created a blog, which she’s opened to all participating, where we can each post our thoughts and reflections on the daily readings. Her effort has resulted in a very unique site filled with devotions and inspirational articles. Even if you can’t find the time to participate in the study I am sure you will be blessed by reading the articles and comments. Jayne has also made it possible, for those who wish to subscribe, to receive these articles and comments by E-mail. I am so thankful for Jayne and I truly appreciate her desire and her effort to serve God through her faith in Jesus.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger sofyst said...

I'm back as well my friend...expect more of my sophistry, err...I mean sofystry.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

That wasn't directed at you by the way; I'm just singing to myself.

:):)

1/16/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Thank you for the link!

1/16/2006 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Adam I've been reading! I also saw you murdered the forum but I'm glad you're working to get it back up. I've missed wrestling with you all there. Now I love you and I'm not singing although I know I don't say it enough (grin).

CS you're most welcome. I've failed to comment recently but as always I really appreciate your current articles.

1/16/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I'm gald you're back. I'll still be praying for Corry.

I have really enjoyed the Bible study, even though I haven't had much time lately to post any thoughts about it. But I do enjoy reading everyone else's thoughts on the passages. It is a great blessing.

1/16/2006 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks daughter. ;-)

It's great to able to know we're all doing this together.

1/16/2006 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

I hope Corry is feeling stronger every day. We've missed the 2 of you.

1/16/2006 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes, we've missed both of you.
Please get well soon :)

1/16/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still praying for mamu. hope she's feeling better today. i have a lot of catching up to do with our daily bible reading. but i'm going to make it up i promise.

1/16/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

How is Corry?
I'm thinking of her and praying for both of you.

1/16/2006 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

You are all such perfect sisters!

Thank you Karen. I hope you've recovered from the crash. ;-)

Audrey thank you so much for your care. We're trying! ;-)

Jayne I'm just sorry I didn't post this two weeks ago. You've really been a blessing to us all.

Pia I have to apologize for failing to mention the great work you did on the template for the blog. Your effort really paid off and the site looks wonderful! Corry is caught up but I'm still behind too. We'll encourage each other (or fuss, which ever is needed hehe)!

1/17/2006 05:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kc,
hope this comment finds you and corry doing much better. i truly have been praying. i touched my computer screen this morning and prayed for yours and her healing. i don't know if you believe in the laying on of hands, but i do. anyway, it was really something that you mentioned jayne starting a study with reading the bible in a year. i started reading the first of jan. (bible in a year) and got it off of your site. thanks! jody and courtney are great. she came in to visit for a while and they are looking for an apartment in va. the wedding plans are coming along just great. only a month away. i'm gettin' all teary eyed. they say hello and God bless. thank you kc for being such a friend hope you and the wife get back on well feet immediately in fact, i know you will.
zina

1/17/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Zina! Great to hear from you. We really appreciate your prayers and I'm hoping we've both taken a turn for the better. I'm so glad the love birds are well and everything is on track for Feb. Keep in mind you're gaining a wonderful daughter and those tears will dry up in no time! ;-) I pray you can all fully enjoy the wedding celebration and that everyone will be greatly blessed in their union.

1/17/2006 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Bible Study is so cool. I was thinking the other day how much I really enjoy it and wonder why I can't do it more and I thought about how God is the Word and that when we are in heaven it will be wonderful to dwell in that Word. His Word is like continual new layers of discovery. Thank you for your very kind words on my site.

1/17/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that's ok. God knows what we all did and that's what matters most. we do things for Him. ;)

1/17/2006 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Andrea thanks for the thoughts. We're praying for you all.

True Pia but I still appreciate your work there and all you do. ;-)

1/18/2006 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment