Home
« Home | Next: The Slow Down »
| Next: Why do you say that? »
| Next: On My First Day »
| Next: Be Resolved »
| Next: Thank You »
| Next: A Request »
| Next: How could you possibly know? »
| Next: The Christ »
| Next: Grateful »
| Next: Difficult »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Friday, January 13, 2006

My Ignorance

I would like to offer my thanks to everyone who commented on my previous post and my apology to you all for having neglected the blogging community this week. Corry and I fell victim to the various respiratory ailments that seem to abound this time of year and we’ve both spent more time sleeping than anything else this week. I hope we can begin to emerge from our shells and try to catch up on every aspect of our lives, including blogging. There are several things on my heart and there’s much I would love to be able to share here and much that is needed as well.

Many of you have been so faithful to pray for and encourage Pia these past months and her need for our prayers and support is great. Her husband Jec is living and working here in the states and they’ve been trying make arrangements to be together for months now. Many of us have been asking God’s blessing toward that end but as of Tuesday His answer remains “not yet”. Pia’s application for a visa was denied due to current immigration law and policy and she and Jec are presently without any understanding of which direction God would have them to go from here and no perspective on how or when they will be reunited.

In my foolishness I have considered what I might ask of God on their behalf and I must humbly acknowledge I cannot advise either God or Pia and Jec on this, or any other matter. I can't even know how to ask you all to pray. I can only pour out my heart to Him and beg His blessings on them both.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

Your final paragraph is where we must humbly stand, submitting to God's purpose. I do pray He will bless Jec & Pia, and that He will be honored and glorified as Sovereign today and every day.

1/13/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Karen it's true and I can only join in your prayer.

We called Pia after posting here and were so blessed to know that she is winning in her struggle to maintain that same prayerful attitude. His grace is truly sufficient.

1/13/2006 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

KC,
I think that spirit of humility is the place to be in prayer. Who are we to make demands of God? Yet, we are to make our requests known and when done in a spirit of humility, I think that is the best way to pray...

Facing our own humbling situation here... and it always seems to hit about this time every week.
Blessings

1/13/2006 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I actually prefer to pray when I am not sure what to ask for, than when I think I know what is best. Lord, do what is right in your eyes for Pia and her husband.
Is that wrong?

re: the picture discussion from that other blog - :~)
kc, that picture is really hard to see, I can't tell if you're bald or if you have grey hair. It only shows me that you are a man and not a mouse. It is a shadow, not a real picture. :~)

1/13/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Glad to see you are starting to feel better. All the coughing last night must have helped! =)

Thanks for keeping us informed about Pia. She's in my prayers constantly.

1/13/2006 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Titus thanks for the wise words and I pray God's blessings on your needs as well.

Rose we seem to take a similar attitude on many things.

There are some other pics here but for the record I'm bald AND graying! ;-) I'll post some new ones soon.

Kristi it did, and thanks for the gladness and the prayers. ;-)

1/13/2006 01:56:00 PM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

So sorry to hear you two weren't feeling well and I also apologize for my neglect. I'll keep you both in my prayers! God bless :)

1/13/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Kc I pray that you and Corry will be totally recovered from your respiratory ailments soon.

May God's will be done in Pia and Jec's lives.

1/14/2006 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

The very Son of God prayed, "Nevertheless, not my will but Thine be done." I have always taken this to mean that we, too, should seek God's will above our own, whatever that will is (The "Lofr's Prayer" gives credence to this point of view, too).

Therefore, let us seek God's will for Pia and Jec. I will pray thusly.

1/14/2006 07:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

papu, i couldn't thank you enough for following up on me and jec. you and mamu have been such an encouragement to both jec and i. thank you so much. God bless you as always and i love you.

1/15/2006 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Nan, thanks and it’s good to know you’re well. Thank you for your prayers.

Kitty thanks so much for everything and for who you are.

Agreed Joe. I know His ways and will are always best.

Dee our heart goes out to you and I hope you got Corry’s Email. Please let me know if it got lost and know we’re praying for all of you.

My dear Pia, I am persuaded that God is being continuously glorified in both you and Jec. I know God is so loving and so merciful and I trust in Him to provide for you both in all things. We love you so much and will talk with you soon.

1/15/2006 06:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment