Home
« Home | Next: Prayer Request »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Where do we stand? »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: A wonderful time indeed! »
| Next: Does your faith move your mountain? »
| Next: Time Out »
| Next: Faith is not the Gift »
| Next: He even has my haircut »
| Next: DST and your PC »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, April 09, 2007

Shiny Simple Things

“Systematic theology is akin to dissecting a kitten to find the purr. In the end, you're left with neither”

“I tend to think that making fellowship contingent on agreement [in theology and practice] is sin (not to mention incredibly small-minded). A reading of 1 Cor. 12 (one body, many different parts) cautions against such homogenization, the result of which might be a body that consists of only elbows. Our Lady of the Blessed Nudge?”
The Dorsmeister

“I made this statement in seminary that the reason many people leave there confused (besides the fact that some had little foundation going in and really didn't know what they believed) was that the sacred was handled so much that it became profane”
Pecheur

“I am off to go play with some shiny things and go ponder the very simple things of creation, like how much I am loved cause why else would there be so many beautiful colors!”
Mrs Zeke


Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

These shiny simple things are so inspiring! And Kc, I think you are really shiny, but not necessarily simple.;)

4/09/2007 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kitty I love these quotes and the people who made them! Thanks for the kind words Sis. ;-)

4/10/2007 04:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Yes your love does shine through your blog brother! That's why I say you are shiny. You are not simple as you often write about complicated theological and missioilogical issues / discussions that I have no idea how to comment hehe...

4/10/2007 04:33:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

“Yes your love does shine through your blog brother! That's why I say you are shiny”

Sis we have an expression here that I think applies to your comment above; “That’s a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black!” ;-)

Now concerning your comments I think you are just too wise to get too caught up such things. ;-)

4/10/2007 04:52:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

Morning KC! :)

4/10/2007 06:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Things are a bit cloudy here but is that you Janice??

Morning dear Siter. ;-)

4/10/2007 06:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

opps..I mean Sister! :~?

4/10/2007 06:46:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

have had your coffee this morning!
:)

am thing about changing my name to Cloudy !

4/10/2007 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

I just got another cup so maybe that will help clear the cobwebs!

You be Cloudy and Corry will be Stormy (did I say that? Maybe she doesn't read here hehe)

4/10/2007 07:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning to Cloudy and Stormy and KC and fellow bloggers I think all of ya'll shine, and that is Why I visit here cause KC says everybody is always welcome ! Blessings . Ron.

4/10/2007 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

And ESPECIALLY YOU Bro. Ron!

Good morning! ;-)

4/10/2007 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

ya better hope she don't read it! :)

morning Ron!

4/10/2007 08:30:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

She just did!!!
Gosh, and I thought I was sunshine! grin.

God's Grace.

4/10/2007 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger jel said...

I always thought I would like to be a little black rain cloud, like pooh bear! :)

4/10/2007 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

KC, it's pretty cold outside - keep the missus happy!

4/10/2007 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Okay, okay guys it's all good. I read her my comment even before I posted it. I know where my bread gets buttered! (hehe)

Janice you're a puffy cloud full of all types of images. ;-)

Missy wise words but I looked before I lept. (grin)

4/10/2007 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Corry, you are certainly a sunshine my dear sister! ;-)

4/11/2007 02:01:00 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Kc,

Inspiring (even if one of the three quotes were from me).

I like the title Shiny Simple Things

4/17/2007 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Pech I have to agree. ;-)

4/17/2007 03:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment