Home
« Home | Next: First things Second »
| Next: The Circus Comes to Town »
| Next: A Request »
| Next: Paying the Rent »
| Next: Rightly Dividing »
| Next: Can you tell? »
| Next: Are you responsible for the invisible Church? »
| Next: Something Special... »
| Next: Would you pray? »
| Next: Praise God! »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Monday, April 27, 2009

Does your faith move your mountain?

Re-post from 03/21/07

For the better part of two years I have discussed and debated theology with those here that I am persuaded are not only my brethren in Christ, but also my better in intelligence, ability and training. I have been open and honest in all the things that I am confident in but until recently I never attempted to articulate my present understanding of what my dear friend Pastor Timothy referred to as “kc’s mountain of theology”. Now if after being exposed to a portion of that mountain you do not feel you can place any trust in it then let me assure you that makes at least two of us.

You see I’ve watched God’s word rain down on that mountain and wash it down to the foundation on more than one occasion. I have carried bucket after bucket up that hill only to find nothing at all to keep it in place. I’ve watched the mountain shift back and forth during the earthquakes of my studies and the tremors of our debates and so no, I don’t trust in my understanding but to be totally honest, I trust even less in yours and especially in your philosophy. The truth is that the only thing I have found unmovable in all of this is our knowledge of Christ Jesus, the Son of God. This is our foundation and it has never moved. This knowledge came not by reason of understanding or through any natural experience but by God’s grace alone. I have no doubt at all it cannot be shaken but by Him.

Still my beliefs are based on my reasoning and understanding of the teachings of Christ and the Apostles as related in the scripture and I trust yours are too. I listen hard to all you offer as you detail every aspect of your system and philosophy. I try hard to see if you really possess a better understanding of God and His grace on any point. I measure every word against the scripture and against my own experience and give you all of my questions and doubts for open rebuttal and refutation. I do not expect perfection from you, only openness and honesty and in that you have not disappointed. I can only offer the same.

Our discussions have left me fully convinced that there truly is a system of theology but even more they’ve convinced me that neither you nor I will comprehend it fully in this life. Once more I propose we pursue it together without fear of ridicule or reprisal. If you find that your faith leaves your mountain no longer being shaped by The Creator but has caused it instead to become a volcano only spewing hot lava and ash then I beg you please pray for the rain to quench the fire before it destroys all that is set before you.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Bobby Grow said...

Wise thoughts, Kc . . . thank you for sharing them again ;-).

4/27/2009 04:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Bobby thanks. Your affirmation means a great deal to me.

4/27/2009 04:26:00 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Kc, this is totally worth repeating. It is so difficult to explain to someone that I often make effort to allow all of it to wash away and have found greater faith in Christ in it, because He is always the only thing left. This lack of confidence in my theology has always made me feel weak, but I'm beginning to feel as though it's actually a strength. Of course, that'll wash away soon. ;)

4/27/2009 06:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks Sis. I just hate to see any break in fellowship over theology. That's just something we should work on/out together, not apart. I praise God for the washing away! ;-)

4/27/2009 07:35:00 AM  
Anonymous ron said...

Hi Kc,

Morning and I just want you to know that without my Faith I would have been covered up with the volcano ashes long ago ? It certainly is great to gather up all the Grace our master bestows upon us and share it with others that may have put theirs in the closet at the bottom of all that mess ?
After all God blessed me with two grandaughters [ Gods choice because otherwise they would have had to go to foster homes ] with the responsibility to teach them and also share with me " My first great grand Baby Boy a couple of weeks ago ? God Always supplies our needs and I encourage everyone to patiently wait on Him!

Blessings.
Great-Grand-Pappy- Ron

4/27/2009 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Amen Bro. Ron! It's always so good to hear how God is blessing His children! ;-)

4/27/2009 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perspective is the great awakener. Once I began to adopt the Pauline posture of resolving (i.e, deciding, choosing) to know nothing but Christ, and Christ, crucified, and understanding the simple, simple relational truth of that concept, then my theology was free to become what it is--a sometimes useful intellectual exercise upon which nothing in me lives or dies. I further resolve that, if such pursuit does not propel me further into a life of Love for God or my neighbor, then I consider that it is without merit.

That said, I would never hesitate to strive in such a process with you, my friend.

4/27/2009 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

That was beautiful brother. You make me proud to be Dorsian. ;-)

4/27/2009 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

"The truth is that the only thing I have found unmovable in all of this is our knowledge of Christ Jesus, the Son of God"

HOW TRUE!!!!

God's Grace,
Nan/Nunzia

www.nunzia.blogspot.com

4/30/2009 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hey little Mommie! Great to see you making the rounds again. ;-)

4/30/2009 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger David Wyatt said...

Bro.KC,

You know, you are one of those brothers in Christ that I cherish, seeing that you are one of a handful (& maybe not even full!) that I would trust to share my deepest secrets of theology with without fear of rejection. I really appreciate this post. Of late, i have been going through a valley, but my Savior has been walking through it with me. It is a valley of some "shakings" as you mention here. Much of it is due to my own foolishness & sin, but thankfully there is enough grace & mercy from the cross to cover it all. As you rightly said, it all just comes down to Christ & Him crucified & of course risen again. He is all that matters, & we know that through His Word. I appreciate brothers like you more & more the further along I get, since the more I grow, the less I see that I really know & the more sinful I realize I am. God Bless.

9/05/2009 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Brother David you are such a great blessing, not only to me but to the whole on-line community. Your devotion, humility and patience are such a wonderful testimony of God's love among us all.

I trust God to continue to grant you strength and courage to see you through the shaking and I pray you'll soon be refreshed. I really appreciate your thoughts on God's grace and mercy toward us from the Cross. Many blessings to you dear brother.

9/06/2009 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger David Wyatt said...

Thank you bro. KC. You are a gfreat blessing to me as well. I come to appreciate the value of God's Word when in the trenches of spiritual warfare in everyday life. It really is the power of God not only to eternal salvation in the sense of justification, but also in the sanctification sense, & even the survival & overcoming sense of victory over the world-system, the flesh & the devil. God bless.

9/07/2009 04:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment