Home
« Home | Next: Biblical Unity Defined »
| Next: A Web-Wide Celebration! »
| Next: Biblical Unity »
| Next: "I not only have all the answers, I am the only on... »
| Next: Does your faith move your mountain? »
| Next: First things Second »
| Next: The Circus Comes to Town »
| Next: A Request »
| Next: Paying the Rent »
| Next: Rightly Dividing »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Biblical Unity: A “Mushy” Orthodoxy

Biblical unity is not founded on an agreement among men. We cannot enter into it by our own will. We can only enter into this union when we submit to God’s will and obey the Gospel command to believe in His Son, Jesus Christ. We, who are then born of The Spirit and not by will of the flesh, are united in Christ only by and because of God’s great love. Biblical unity is founded on the love of God in Christ Jesus (John 17:23) and is only maintained by our love toward one another (Col. 3:12-3:14).

We cannot get the cart before the horse. Biblical unity is not determined by an agreement among men on orthodox doctrine but there will surely be no orthodoxy apart from biblical unity.

11 Comments:

Anonymous ron said...

Morning Bro. Kc,

Well said Amen!

Blessings
Grandpaw Ron.

5/16/2009 07:40:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Grandpaw thanks so much!
Love and hugs from us to you and those sweet little ladies. ;-)

5/16/2009 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo glad to see your comments around blogdom, KC!!!!!!

I love you man!!!!!!!!

5/18/2009 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Awwwwww, I love you too Sis! I was really tickled to see your recent post as well. I'm still tweaking my thoughts on the disposition of Judas. ;-)

5/18/2009 02:11:00 PM  
Anonymous DK (Jeff) said...

I like the thoughts, Kc. But before I can comment any further I needsome clarification on something: With whom was Chrit unified?I think the guideline should be that we are unified with those with whom Christ was/is unified.

(No...that's not my COC background talking. I'm more interested in what or where the dividing line is with regard to Biblical unity.)

Seems to me that those who are unified WITH Christ will also be unified with those IN Christ.

I've not landed solidly on an answer to this question yet. But I'm curious about your thoughts.

5/20/2009 06:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jeff I totally agree and so much so that I presupposed that in this post. Thanks so much for making that distinction clear.

5/20/2009 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger David Wyatt said...

Beautifully said, bro. Kc! It makes my heart soar! (Nor "sore!")

6/15/2009 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Thanks so much Bro. David! You're a wonderful example of this orthodoxy brother. ;-)

6/16/2009 12:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Florin said...

Question, would John 3:1-21 be a good passage to use in sharing the gospel one on one?

11/28/2009 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Florin welcome and thanks for your questions! Please forgive my tardiness but we had our three little ones deposited at our doorstep on Wednesday and they’ve really kept us busy! ;-) We’ll have the two boys (3 and 2) for another week or so and I hope to be a better blog host after that. ;-)

I hope Dr. Reitman’s comments answered your question but please always feel free to pry harder and even disagree if necessary. ;-)

11/30/2009 04:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

2/21/2010 01:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment