Home
« Home | Next: Christian Pride? »
| Next: The Hardest Thing I Never Learned »
| Next: A Few More Things...... »
| Next: About the Rat.... »
| Next: For you »
| Next: The 90/10 Rule »
| Next: Focus! »
| Next: Keep the Faith »
| Next: I've Been On the Mountain..... »
| Next: The Common Thread »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Christian Unity


I have observed that the sociologist, philosophers and theologians that post here all seem to agree that mankind is passing through a new era marked by it’s own unique social, philosophical and theological changes and distinctions. Most claim this era made its debut around 1980 in Europe and is currently sweeping through the west. Many have claimed the most marked distinction being what is called the “destruction” or “deconstruction” of the previous era. While I personally hold that “there is no new thing under the sun” and consider these events only cyclic it is nonetheless terrifying for many to consider altering the status quo even in a forward direction. For them to be led to believe that all must be destroyed to make way for the new must be devastating to say the least. It seems this philosophy has resulted in a backlash within the “Christian community” that presses them to close ranks against the evil that would deconstruct what is righteous. I wholeheartedly desire to see all believers come together, however I am persuaded that any unifying cause outside of our Love for God, for one another and for our neighbor will only result in more persecution and an even greater division between the brethren. Let us learn from our mistakes of the past and trust in the power of God for deliverance from evil.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

You’re welcome Gabe. I really wish to encourage you in your efforts with those young people. And thanks for the return visit.

For me new refers to something unique or original. Different implies change, which in itself is not new. I think that appearances will alter, no doubt, however I believe our discipleship should remain steadfast even during these “currents” of change or changes in appearance. Your perception that discipleship will appear as it did in the 1st century is indicative of the cycle I refer to. Gabe I know the task we face seems overwhelming at times. I have a suspicion about the statistics you quote that they are not only applicable to today but that if in the past people had been honest we would have seen those statistics before. We were a godless sort in the 70’s. I thank God today that people like you contended for the faith then and they were but a few. Keep the faith, times have always been crazy and always will be until… ;-)

4/28/2005 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

I will be considering this issue in more depth in the days and years to come. I still don't where I will exactly come down.

4/28/2005 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Dr. Pecheur I am anxious to hear your conclusions on this.
Ok my PoMo brother with your secular music quotes (btw I loved Semisonic but I'm not up on Muse) and the rest of you with your over-educated minds (which btw I respect, admire and yes even envy) the old man will open up and pass on the material that prompted this post. I never intended it to be a commentary on the religious post-modern “reaction” or movement but rather an admonishment to Love. I can see I’ve inadvertanly touched a nerve from which I now fully withdraw, well ok not fully, but anyway I’m neither pro nor con on this matter. This is the article that prompted my “backlash” statement. I found it through another blog.

4/29/2005 01:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment