Home
« Home | Next: A Few More Things...... »
| Next: About the Rat.... »
| Next: For you »
| Next: The 90/10 Rule »
| Next: Focus! »
| Next: Keep the Faith »
| Next: I've Been On the Mountain..... »
| Next: The Common Thread »
| Next: Is it a Lust for Power? »
| Next: Responsibility, Accountability, and Rights »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Hardest Thing I Never Learned


I cannot express the depth of my grief for having failed to wait on God in my life. I have adopted a simplistic approach toward my responsibilities to myself, my brethren, and mankind and to God that has proven to work well for me. If only I would practice it.

1) Always do what I know in my heart is right. (Thank you Mom)
2) Never do what I know in my heart is wrong.
3) If I don’t know what is right wait until I do.

Number 3 is the killer. I ALWAYS know what is right! Why do I always trust in my own understanding? Why can’t I simply accept that faith is the only hope I have for justification and that all my thinking is worthless if my heart is not settled? I should be patient, wait, look and watch. This is what I should do, but no. Think, Think and think again until I can “see” it all clearly.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes
.
Psalm 37:7

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Hugo said...

The opening line to your post reminded me St. Augustine's Prayer:

"Too late, have I loved Thee,
O Beauty so ancient and so new,
too late have I loved Thee!
Thou wast with me,
and I was not with Thee;
I was abroad,
running after those beauties
which Thou hast made;
those things
which could have no being but in Thee
kept me away from Thee.
Thou hast called,
Thou hast cried out,
and hast pierced my deafness.
Thou hast enlightened,
Thou hast shone forth,
and my blindness is dispelled.
I have tasted Thee,
and am hungry of Thee.
Thou hast touched me,
and I am afire
with the desire of thy embraces.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

4/24/2005 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Hugo thanks for the offering. It reminds me of something I've noticed in almost all believers. Not one that I've met, once converted, has ever wished they had waited. All only regret the time wasted outside His Love.
I also wanted to thank you for the link you provided on Crushed Leviathan that gives perspective to the recent accounts of the new Pope having a Nazi background. I hope many will read this.

4/24/2005 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Hugo said...

Glad I could provide the link. :-) Also think that your assessment is correct - once we've experienced the transformative and redemptive work of God in our lives, we yearn to have come to that moment earlier . . . but I think that God comes to us at the precise moment when we're ready to acknowledge his ever-present presence in our lives.

Blessings & Peace,
hugo

4/28/2005 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment