Home
« Home | Next: Time out... »
| Next: A Few Things… »
| Next: Faith and Love – The Love of God in us »
| Next: My Otherwise Perfect Life »
| Next: Profound »
| Next: Looking for Sameness »
| Next: Do you know the difference? »
| Next: Catching Up »
| Next: My Ignorance »
| Next: The Slow Down »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The long day

The long day began last Friday and seems to be coming to a close today. So much has happened in such a short period that it’s left my head spinning. I’ve tried to catch up on all your blogs today after being kept at bay by blogger most of the weekend. I was unable to respond to my comments but I do appreciate each one. Although there are a million thoughts in my mind I haven’t taken the time to pen one yet. Perhaps I will tonight or tomorrow.

I no longer have a spare room in my home. That doesn’t mean I have no place for overnight guest. We can easily accommodate visitors. What it does mean is that my youngest has come home. April is both a bundle of joy and a bundle of nerves. Between she and Corry I am almost convinced that Corry was right when she said that women have the market cornered where feelings are concerned. I don’t know how long she will stay but I hope and pray to be able to help her learn to seek God’s will for her life before she leaves this time. She’s been rebellious through most of her youth and has suffered much for that. I will admit I was ignorant of many of the circumstances she had created or was in, but not by choice. I urge you all to prove everything you believe about yourselves and your family regardless of your confidence in the source of your information.

Corry and I had a wonderful time Saturday morning while visiting with a dear friend. She reads these articles but declines to comment here. After our visit we picked up our eldest and headed for Biloxi to view the reconstruction progress. I will refer you to Corry to read about what we found. She’s also described our Sunday afternoon, which was in stark contrast to the one on Saturday.

The day continued through yesterday and last night. I will spare you the details but let me say that it is difficult at best to assimilate an unorganized mess into an organized one. ;-)

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

My youngest was a prodigal, and we didn't know the depth of everything he was into until he was on his way back out. The Lord has brought him so far in the past year. Our only hope is in God, (I know you know that)...
Here's how I prayed for him: That God would reveal Himself to him, and draw him unto Himself, and that he would be preserved from huge regrets and a wasted life. Most of all, I prayed that God would be glorified through it all. I'll keep April in my prayers.

2/07/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

April is a very beautiful child.
She is so blessed to have you as her Daddy.
Just continue to pray for her and love her.
April will be fine. Our Saviour is looking after her too.
April will be in my thoughts and prayers.

2/08/2006 03:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i came from corry's and your trip sounds fun. God will take care of april. we'll continue to pray for her.

2/08/2006 04:04:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

We'll pray for April.

The thing with the ducks was fun.

2/08/2006 06:11:00 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Prayer for April. Being young is difficult.

2/08/2006 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I am glad April is home with you for now. I pray that however long she spends there will be time that will draw her closer to the Lord, even though you may not notice it right away. I will be praying for her and you as you seek to parent her.

I hope you are able to get some rest, and get things sorted out and back to normal soon!

2/08/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

May God bless her and the rest of her family.

Matthew

2/08/2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Karen you know just where we're at. Thanks so much for the encouragement, the wisdom and the prayers. ;-)

Audrey thank you too for your loving kindness, reassurance and prayers. ;-)

Pia I'm counting on that. How are you love birds anyway? ;-)

Joe that means alot. Thanks! ;-)

Rose thanks and you're so right! ;-)
Kristi thanks so much. I'm still shooting for abnormal. ;-)

Matthew I really appreciate the blessings. Thank you brother. ;-)

2/08/2006 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I like this lovely photo of April ;) She's blessed to have you as her dad Kc. Gee! I miss my dad!

2/09/2006 04:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Today is my first year blogging anniversary. Just wanted to say thanks for being my blogging buddy.

2/09/2006 04:49:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kitty I pray God will comfort you and ease your longing.

It is such a blessing and an honor to share in prayer and study with you. I'm looking forward to much more of that as He allows us! ;-)

2/09/2006 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Cinder said...

Kc, I agree with Rose that being young is difficult. I also know from first hand experience that sometimes you end up taking the rebellious route in life for no real apparent reason, but sometimes it just takes time and a whole lot prayer to bring you back to where he wants you to be.

I gave my parents a lot of gray hairs in my high school years :)! It took me time, but I came around to where I needed to be...it's all happened in His timing and grew me into who I am today!

2/09/2006 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Cinder thank you. Your words are very encouraging. I have high hopes for April because I am pursuaded she knows the Truth. ;-)

2/09/2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Well, I miss the camping pictures, but I'm glad you had a weekend together.
Blessings
And yes, put your stone down! :)

2/09/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Titus sorry about the pics and it looks like we'll have to delay our trip yet another week! Okay we'll probably do a day trip of some kind but I'm ready for the jungle! ;-)

2/09/2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Well......ah..........you know me well enough by now that I aways look to make some kind of smart remark........ here it is:

Is April putting up your Christmas Tree or are you just now taking it down?

Ok with that out of way. I think daddy is probably pretty happy about his youngest being home regardless of the tree situation(hehe).

I will pray for whatever you want me to pray for my friend and will pray that you & corry's time with April will be blessed.

"feelings" isn't there a song about those things?

Take care brother

2/09/2006 08:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish you and mamu lives just somewhere near us. or we live near your place. there's just so many things going on. =(

2/10/2006 04:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

Kris, you know I love your brilliant remarks! The photo was taken at Christmas when we were putting up the tree. I really am thankful she's here and I would appreciate your prayers that we all would seek His will in our lives. Thanks so much dear brother. ;-)

Pia me too, so much! We'll call today. We love you and we will continue in prayer.

2/10/2006 05:49:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll pray for her. You may look back and marvel at how committed she would later become.

Jodie

2/10/2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Jodie thank you so much. She left yesterday but God knows where she is.

2/14/2006 09:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment