Home
« Home | Next: Just a thought »
| Next: Another PSA from JSYK »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Avoiding Offense »
| Next: Shiny Simple Things »
| Next: Prayer Request »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: Where do we stand? »
| Next: Why do you believe...? »
| Next: A wonderful time indeed! »

Thoughts

Topics

Archives


Subscribe

Feed Link

Study Help

Real Help

    Needed Prayers


Links

About

About Kc


Awards

Quotes

    "You are really cool you are married to an European!! How cooler can you be??"
    Fisherman Pecheur

    "Smarty Pants"
    Mad Matt

    "Oh, you did not ask for Bonhoeffer's opinion did you? You wanted mine..."
    the SOFYST

    "You are like the master at this "feelings" stuff!
    Kind Kristi

    "I enjoy your comments, but they are always delightfully enigmatic"
    Dyspraxic Fundamentalist


Saturday, April 28, 2007

Through the Looking Glass


If your view of the Church can be made without a mirror you may need to reexamine your position.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HEY!!! Why didn't someone tell me I had ketchup on my shirt? (Look, it's shaped like the Virgin Mary!)

4/28/2007 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Haha dorsey, you're sooo funny!

Kc, that's a great thought. I just asked myself if my view of the church was made with or without a mirror, and I find that it would be a great idea for the gathering place to be filled with mirrors all round. What to you think? ;-)

4/28/2007 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

Hey I got this one!


I have never liked looking in the mirror , I guess i know why now!

4/28/2007 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

As I have heard from my 10-year-old many times in the past few days, "True, dat."

I think I've typically used a mirror - BUT - I've always been at the center of it. I wonder what that reveals about me?? ;-)

4/28/2007 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

But wait! I thought the church was all about controlling the behavior of others!?

4/28/2007 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is, Joe. The mirror is so you can see who's looking over your shoulder (or sneaking up on you [or talking about you behind your back]). I never seemed to need one at my old church, 'cause my back was always against the wall. hehe

Seriously KC, your point is well made. It actually brings to mind this excellent discussion from a year ago.

An ecclesiology that does not involve constant and excruciating (from the latin root, excrucio, where crucify comes from) self-examination, just does not measure up.

(hey, I think I just came up with another point of Dorsism!)

4/30/2007 08:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent thought, KC. We do need to examine ourselves often to make sure we are lined up with God's Word. We need to look at our church with our eyes open, and be honest with ourselves about what we see.

4/30/2007 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have to point the mirror toward MYSELF do I?!?

Hmph!

4/30/2007 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger Redeemed said...

ouch, lol, but how true!

4/30/2007 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

I love you guys!

Dorseism is fast replacing kcisim around here! (Save the shirt bro. We’ll need some signs and wonders to get the ball rolling hehe)

Kitty that would be wild. I’m a fan of the Noah’s Ark layout with a window in the ceiling. ;-)

Janice I think you get them all. I just don’t type them right. ;-)

Missy good point. I guess if we use a mirror and can only see our self we better question our position then too, huh?

Joe I’m afraid too many would agree with that!

Amy it’s so easy to be honest until we start to see how we fit in, isn’t it? ;-)

Jeff you don’t have to worry. I’ll keep an eye on you! (hehe)

Sarah, if it’s an “ouch” for you I can just imagine the pain for myself! ;-)

5/01/2007 04:36:00 AM  
Blogger jel said...

sure ya do KC,



Have a great day!
((((HUGGS))))
hope sis, Don't mind that I give ya hug :)

5/01/2007 06:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment